“Good food, good show”

The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,845 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Transit: Both Union Station and King Station service The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc. If using the Trolley, exit at the King/Church St. stop and walk south 1 block.
Description: Nestled in the heart of downtown Toronto's St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood, you dine on plush divans under lantern lit tent. Rich French - Moroccan food and belly dancing performances combine to make your next special event extra special. The Sultan's Tent offers a variety of different seating opportunities throughout the week each with its own belly dance performance. While dining in The Sultan's Tent you choose from our fabulous four-course dinner menu that offers French-Moroccan influenced food to meet the most discerning palate. For a more casual ala carte dining experience, join us in Cafe Moroc. Situated at the entrance to The Sultan's Tent, Cafe Moroc is reminiscent of 1930s Casablanca with its cream colours, dark wood accents and giant palms. Groups of all sizes are welcome in both areas of our restaurant.
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Good service, awesome food 4 courses meal the first is just 2 options, second one lots of options and everything we asked was good, the best ones: crab cakes, and marrocan cigarettes
The third meal was a bit disappointing for me I was expecting something better, but the couscous with veggies and beef were not the best.
Dessert: Marrocan treat was different but very good. The mint tea was absolutely delicious!
The belly dancer was very nice too. Not pushy, very agreeable ambient for everyone even for a business meal.

1  Thank kenys

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So a 4 out of 5 is pretty good in my books.

Sultan’s Tent has been on my list of Toronto restaurants to try for a very long time. I decided recently to give it a shot since I leave near Toronto and all.

We got to the restaurant on time for my reservation which had to be made more than a week in advance. The place was packed. The place was clean and supported a Moroccan theme.

We went through the menu and ordered all the items we wanted for our 4 course meal, plus a few extras. What can I say I was hungry. We ordered the following; Tent Greens, Hummus, Maftoul, Boeuf Bourguignon, Moroccan Beef, Short Short Rib, Full Rack of Lamb, side of fries, Brulee Royale, Chocolate Oasis.

These were all items that were highly recommended by the staff. I could not have been happier. Everything came on time, was cooked as requested and tasted delicious. The general manager stopped by our table to ask how the meal was which I think is a big deal at a restaurant. Even though it seemed as if the general manager was doing 50 things at once it is nice that he takes interest in his customers and their opinions.

I definitely plan on coming back in the near future.

1  Thank cglof
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Corporate event - Attendee - Lunch event on a Wednesday - amazing food, great time, beautiful atmosphere

1  Thank Shena H
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Couscous is not. Royal: only 2 little merquez sausages and one little kafta. Almost no veggetables in the saus. The harrira soup wasn't morrocan but Some western substitude. . The dessert weren't arabian but western. Avoid this place!

2  Thank Ali M
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to this spot at the suggestion of friends. The atmosphere was fun and entertaining. We asked the waiter to order for us. His suggestions were great the food was good and not what we find on a typical night out. We ate like Moroccan Kings and were entertained with a belly dance show afterwards. Lots of laughs and a full belly who could ask for more.