“Culinary Delights in Exotic Setting”

The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,583 of 9,000 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church
Transit: Both Union Station and King Station service The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc. If using the Trolley, exit at the King/Church St. stop and walk south 1 block.
Description: Nestled in the heart of downtown Toronto's St. Lawrence Market Neighbourhood, you dine on plush divans under lantern lit tent. Rich French - Moroccan food and belly dancing performances combine to make your next special event extra special. The Sultan's Tent offers a variety of different seating opportunities throughout the week each with its own belly dance performance. While dining in The Sultan's Tent you choose from our fabulous four-course dinner menu that offers French-Moroccan influenced food to meet the most discerning palate. For a more casual ala carte dining experience, join us in Cafe Moroc. Situated at the entrance to The Sultan's Tent, Cafe Moroc is reminiscent of 1930s Casablanca with its cream colours, dark wood accents and giant palms. Groups of all sizes are welcome in both areas of our restaurant.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow - I cannot say enough about the value, the flavour and the presentation of a delicious multi-course meal. SO many choices, SO many delights, and all in the enchantment of silken tents, sumptuous fabrics, and seductive lighting. The belly dancer is just the icing on the cake. Just be warned - if this dinner is intended as a seductive intro to a sexy evening, you can forget having sex after. You will be way too full and the fare is too good not to finish ever last bite!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Another participant in the Toronto Summerlicious campaign wicked food, efficient friendly service, great ambiance. Well worth a trip back. The Duck comfit salad was very good, the roast lamb with couscous was simply divine, the meat melted off the bone. The Rice pudding was a great end of the meal. Good and varied beer list not large but covers a good range of flavours.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I recently went to Cafe Moroc for Summerlicious. I had the "cigars" as an appetizer and they were different, but pleasant. The salmon was well cooked. I was disappointed that the melon dessert on the Summerlicious website was not on the menu but the three cookies were really delicious. Eric was a wonderful waiter with great suggestions when asked. He was attentive but not in our faces.

The restaurant is a bit dark but our table in the window was well lit and really pleasant.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

First of all, my party of three (including me) was going to be late- so I called in advanced to let them know and to hold my table. Upon arriving I find out they gave my table away and I had to wait for a new one to clear, which shouldn't have happened. Second, I went for summerlicious and when reviewing this restaurant thought it was all one place and that I was going to be in an awesome atmosphere. But I wasn't. when you first walk in, its crowded and like of feels like an awkward foyer stuffed with tables. I had a SMALL (barely fit 3 plates) round table pushed against a wall, it was very squishy and my friend on the outside kept getting bumped by all the people walking past. Beyond this room was the "cool" area, the atmosphere, music and decor, and the belly dancers. However this room is only for normal dining (i.e., NOT summerlicious) the website for summerlicious did not mention this or I wouldn't have gone. We did not get any of the cool atmosphere, or get to see the dancers. The food was okay, it wasn't amazing. The service was a mix, our initial waiter, a male, was very sarcastic and blasé, but after a woman kept attending to us, off/on and she was marvellous- friendly, funny and helpful, however overall the waitress/waiter barely came to our table to check on us. And thing is they didn't clear our plates before bringing more causing chaos at our tiny table. The drinks (alcohol) were expensive and meh as well. They could certainly mix them but I have tasted much better, they didn't have a designated bartender, the waiter/waitress would do it for you.

Overall it was okay, I don't know if I would go back, I wouldn't really recommend it. I would say give it a try and make sure you get the restaurant/room with the dancers rather than the weird bar/foyer.

1  Thank Macy M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went several years ago on a girls night out. Firstly the food was just OK. Secondly it cost me almost $100 for my own dinner and 1 glass of wine - I was driving. Thirdly, because I was coming from Burlington to downtown Toronto I was a little late - I had no idea that they have 2 seatings a night and you only get the table for your seating then they kick you out. No lounging over the $100 dinner. The belly dancer was nice and she was trying to teach us but other than that, not interested in going back.