“Great Ambience, very good food, innovative dishes, Service can be better”

Old Mill Toronto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Mill Toronto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,570 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: South Kingsway and Bloor
Transit: The Old Mill Inn & Spa is adjacent to the OLD MILL Subway Station (OLD MILL subway station is located on the Bloor West subway line)
Description: The Old Mill Toronto, a unique setting, is the perfect place to celebrate that special occasion... an anniversary, birthday, engagement, a special get-together, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day - or just to say "I Love You". The original flagstone floors, beamed ceilings and glowing fireplaces create a warm and relaxed atmosphere, the perfect place for a romantic evening of great music, dinner and dancing. * Creative fine dining and wines * Enjoy splendid live music, Wednesday to Saturday * Charming wood burning fireplaces and spacious dance floor * Cozy settings for group celebration * Sunday is Family Day with Brunch and Dinner Buffet * Savor special moments with Afternoon Tea in our Tea Room
Toronto, Canada
“Great Ambience, very good food, innovative dishes, Service can be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We visited for Summerlicious lunch today. The place is celebrating 100 years and it does take you back to the old charming days with lovely Tudor architecture.

We tried Watermelon Gazpacho and Roasted Figs salad for the appetizers. Both were pretty good. For entree we had Curry Lamb Chili and Stuffed Chicken. The lamb had a mediterranean touch. Both lamb and chicken were excellent. We chose Strawberry and Passion Fruit Cream Mille Feuille and Warm Fudge Brownie Tart. The tart turned out to be a winning selection.

The place was extremely busy and we had to wait for a long time many times for service. One of the waitresses was a bit impolite and it seemed that the two waitresses were competing with each other for getting brownie points from management. The poor service and lack of teamwork is holding them back. We let the manager about our experiences when we were leaving and he has given us his card and assured us of his personal attention when we visit them next time.

I would like to see the old charming institution survive through their attempt to turn things around and we plan to visit them during winterlicious.

• Visited July 2014
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear JagaPravasi,

Thank you for taking the time to write in your comments regarding your most recent dining experience. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I am sorry to hear that the service you received was not at the level that our guests have come to expect. I have shared your comments with our Dining Room Manager who will personally address this with our entire team.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed our Summerlicious menu and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Delicious and tasty brunch with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My parents, brother, an uncle and his wife and I enjoyed a very lovely brunch buffet today...the variety of foods available have great range...seafood, salads, fruit, pastries, meats, and hot entrees like typical eggs, bacon and sausage...lamb, chicken, pork, toast beef, waffles, blintzes (Classic!!)....and some very nice desserts. Great coffee. Great service. We were lucky that today they weren't too busy because I have been there when they are packed and it is terrible!!! They seat people only at 10:30am, 11am, 1pm and 1:30...if you reserve on open table they take reservations for 6 or more people only...any less and it's a first come first serve situation. If you call the receptionist should be able to tell you if it's going to be a busy day or not. The parking situation has gone from so-so to terrible for the moment...the new condo across the road makes it a little difficult to find a spot but it just meant a little extra walking...doesn't hurt!!! Thanks for a tasty meal!

OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto Restaurant, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear HealthyFoodPlease,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us for Sunday Brunch at The Old Mill Toronto. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with our new menu items.

Welcoming visitors from near and far we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the neighbourhood.

Mississauga, Canada
“Lunch buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Went to the Old Mill for lunch buffet ! Absolutely marvellous ! The salads are great , as well as the service and the deserts can't wait to go back !

• Visited July 2014
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear randy B,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us for our famous lunch buffet at The Old Mill Toronto.
Your comments have been shared with our staff and culinary team as we continue to aspire for excellence in quality of food and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
“Summerlicious not as good as it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ate lunch at the Old Mill Restaurant during Summerlicious 2 years ago while looking for wedding locations and were really impressed with what they offered. We still remember the fig salad appetizer from that time. This year we decided to try it out again and were quite disappointed with the food. I think one major difference was the buffet that was happening - I don't remember there being a lunch buffet being offered at the same time as the menu the last time and perhaps this is the reason for the reduced quality of food. From this year's lunch menu we tried the watermelon gazpacho which was not very good. I guess I was hoping for more than 1 small piece of crab. The fig salad was a huge disappointment from 2 years ago - mushy and not flavourful. I don't think there was any dressing on the arugula - just a bush of salad with 4 figs strategically presented around it. The entrees were not very good either - we tried the chicken breast and the curry lamb. I thought the curry would have lamb chunks but it was just ground meat. The chicken breast was better but still very average. The desserts we had were Strawberry and Passion Fruit Cream Mille Feuille and the Macaron trio. Not terrible but below expectations, just like the rest of the meal.

• Visited July 2014
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear JeremyFromToronto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your most recent dining experience at The Old Mill Toronto. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I am sorry to hear that our Summerlicious menu did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our Chef who will address your concerns with our culinary team as we make every effort toe ensure quality and presentation are top notch in all we do.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to renew your faith in us.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were married at the Old Mill and decided to go back for our 23rd anniversary. In addition to our own wedding, we've attended numerous other special events over the years at the Old Mill and the ambiance, food and service were always really good. This was the first time we'd gone to the restaurant. We booked a table for the Sunday dinner buffet - the 2 of us and our daughter as we thought it would be fun for her to see where it all began!

I'll preface my comments by saying we are very easy going customers. We don't complain or send food back unless it's over the top appalling.

The host staff was very pleasant. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for our waiter. He never cracked a smile. Zero personality. We ordered a bottle of wine. He never poured the wine other than the first glass. It took forever to get the bill. I politely asked for it and he returned eons later and gave it to my husband. I know the room is quite historical, but it is after all 2014 and sometimes the little woman picks up the tab :) This waiter would be more suited to working in a Soviet-era tourist centre.

Our bill came to $147 including tax for 2 adults and one child. I'm a good tipper (min 15-20% of the total bill), but given the surliness, I chose to tip 10% on the total bill - so he got $14.70. I guess he was disappointed, as he tore the receipt from the machine and more or less threw it at me. Didn't even say thanks! Maybe he was having a bad day but really?

The food was really good - no complaints. Unfortunately, the service was so grim that we will be hard pressed to return.

1 Thank Margaret R
Dear Margaret R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent dining experience with us. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. your comments have been shared with our Dining Room Manager who will personally address this with our staff.

I would very much like to have the opportunity to welcome you back if you would please contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.