“Pretty good for uptown fine dining”

The David Duncan House
Ranked #241 of 8,851 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went here for a friend's stag dinner and overall had a good experience. Service was great, food was above average, and pricing was as expected!

I wouldn't drive from downtown Toronto, as there are far better options, however if you'd looking for an all around above average fine-dining experience north of the city, you really can't go wrong here.

1  Thank Dannno777

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the David Duncan house for as long as I can remember. We love the ambiance, good food and friendly staff.
We had no idea it was under new ownership and were a little nervous at first. Boy were we pleasantly surprised!
The ambiance is still the same, the staff still friendly but the food has gotten better! We tried a new item as an appetizer; the grilled calamari. Absolutely delicious from the spices, to the freshness and overall presentation. This is a must try. The rest of our meals were exceptional! Overall fresh and enjoyable. I did take a peak at the desserts which were also new but my skirt wouldn't allow it! But be sure I will try one of them on our next visit.
We hope to meet the new owners soon but for now... Great job!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a well known landmark Victorian style mansion in a delightful setting in central TO at York Mills and Don Mills. Lots of parking. I joined up there with a friend for lunch, the first time I had been there in twenty years. It had not changed one bit...the same rather gloomy but beautiful wood panelled interior, dated floral carpeting and antique lighting. So....definitely not trendy. However the food and service were excellent. Very good oysters to start, then chilean sea bass and halibut. It was a nice experience with no complaints, but as I said earlier, it is no modern trend setter, and it does not attempt to be. All in all however a most enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went to the Duncan last night for dinner (family of 5), this was our first time there....amazing service, atmosphere was radiant and food was outstanding. To top off the great experience, one of the owners, Bill, made us feel so welcome and looked after. Right before we left, my husband and I decided to book my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary party there...many people flying in from Italy and the US....so excited to show off this new gem we discovered.

Highly recommend The Duncan House :)

2  Thank Mel166
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The setting is beautiful, a Gothic Farmhouse, typical of the Victorian Gingerbread style. The restaurant has kept the ornately carved molding and interior elegance, a beautiful enhancement to the meal. The service is reminiscent of the Steak houses of the sixties. A basket of garlic bread followed by Tuxedo waiters preparing Ceaser salad, Peppercorn steak and dessert at the table. I had the cold shrimp appetizer, steak, and cherries jubilee - all excellent! A great evening out.

1  Thank EPToronto