“Just alright.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been to the Bishop a few times over the years when I'm in the area on business. Most recently, I visited with two colleagues for lunch.

Overall, I'd say that it's pretty middle of the road. Neither outstanding nor terrible.

I'd say that the service needs improving on the whole. When they're busy at lunch, you tend to get forgotten. Drink refills are generally slow, and need to be asked for.

The food is pretty good. I had the fish and chips, and the one-piece was wholly adequate. The fries were fresh cut and delicious. I like my peas mushy. These were much too firm for my liking.

I find that the Bishop needs a thorough cleaning. If you look closely, you'll see a level of grime about the place. The tables are cleaned and the obvious spots, but that seems to be it. If I were the owners, I'd bring in a crew and give the place a good scrub.

I'll likely go back again, if in the area.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Or 3 lbs per person.
Crazy as no one can eat that much.
Or at least not me.
I did try though

Lots of flavours.
Cheap jugs of beer.
Sports tv.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Popped in with some old friends. Very friendly service but relatively small menu and the waitress didn't go through the specials, we only saw them on the way out!! Good selection of beer, not the usual NA rubbish.

The food was tyopical pub stuff, although the burger I had was above average and they serve massive helpings of french fries!!

probably won't return as there are so many choices around there.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We enjoyed our meal there and the brews were ice cold and of high quality. Even enjoyed the promotional beer sampling they had going on that night. Good selection of TV sets to watch various sporting events, but not as many as you might find in an exclusive sports bar.

Only beef? It was jam-packed to the point where servers had a hard time getting around tables and I was bumped into a couple of times -- but that obviously meant that we were far from the only ones who enjoyed being there that night. Better full than empty...

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was not impressed the food seemed too plain
, nothing special, and the waiter didn't seem enthusiastic whatsoever.