“great service but not a top pizza joint” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Slice - CLOSED

Big Slice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
toronto
“great service but not a top pizza joint”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you're looking for a greasy late night slice then this is your spot. Definitely not to be ranked amongst the best Toronto has to offer. Huge HUGGGEE options .. you can get a monster pizza the size of 10 friend's faces put together.

The staff are super friendly and even gave the lil one a free drink. We did take away and the pizza was just mediocre. A step above frozen pizza.

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Always time for big slice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love big slice; it is a interesting pizzeria that attracts an interesting crowd. First off the pizza is thin and they usually have about 5-6 different slices to order; my favorite is the simple cheese slide with there hot sauce. If you are strolling in there at the wee hours of the morning you will find loud music and yes a drunken crowd having a good time usually but it does sometimes get rowdy!

I will always make a point to go here; love it!

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome pizza, anytime!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Picked up a pizza because we hadn't managed to have breakfast by 11.30.
Was recommended this place by my cousin whose at university there... definitely good value for money, fresh and real pizza!
On the go! Not the kind of thing you'd go for a formal meal for...

• Visited February 2013
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staple Restaurant of Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've really liked the pizza here since I was a kid. It's a staple of Toronto, and they have pizza-making down to an art form. It's interesting to watch the staff make the pizzas just behind the counter. I think my brothers and I were just as taken by the pizza-making as kids as we were by the pizza. Even now that I'm all grown up and have had pizza in Eastern Europe, the UK, Chicago, and New York, the Big Slice still stands out in my mind. I find it satisfying, and not too heavy on grease. Whatever recipe they've figure out, I like it.

The time to get pizza from here is when there are crowds moving in and out. I find that at less busy times the pizza isn't rotated as quickly as it needs to be sometimes and the taste is an echo of what it should be.

The staff seem to be a little hardened by the droves of club-goers, but I can hardly blame them for that. I get decent service when I go.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The pizza here is alright but you can find a much better selection in the area. Their service is not the best out there, they are rude and arrogant almost always. Last time I was there, it was after a night out with friends for my birthday. I ordered some pizza and while giving me my change, one of the workers (the guy with the dreadlocks) took some of my change and dumped it in their tip box. He said thank you with a smirk and looked away without me saying it was okay for him to do that, like really? I am not picky when it comes to customer service but that is ridiculous, you can't simply take a customer's change and keep it for yourself without asking, heck even asking for a tip is unacceptable in a fast food restaurant. Even though it was small (about $1-2) I wanted to fight back and get my change but I had a great night with my friends and didn't want the night to get ruined by escalating the situation.

So I don't think I'll ever go back there again.

• Visited March 2012