“Awesome pizza, anytime!”

Big Slice
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Picked up a pizza because we hadn't managed to have breakfast by 11.30.
Was recommended this place by my cousin whose at university there... definitely good value for money, fresh and real pizza!
On the go! Not the kind of thing you'd go for a formal meal for...

There are newer reviews for Big Slice

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've really liked the pizza here since I was a kid. It's a staple of Toronto, and they have pizza-making down to an art form. It's interesting to watch the staff make the pizzas just behind the counter. I think my brothers and I were just as taken by the pizza-making as kids as we were by the pizza. Even now that I'm all grown up and have had pizza in Eastern Europe, the UK, Chicago, and New York, the Big Slice still stands out in my mind. I find it satisfying, and not too heavy on grease. Whatever recipe they've figure out, I like it.

The time to get pizza from here is when there are crowds moving in and out. I find that at less busy times the pizza isn't rotated as quickly as it needs to be sometimes and the taste is an echo of what it should be.

The staff seem to be a little hardened by the droves of club-goers, but I can hardly blame them for that. I get decent service when I go.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The pizza here is alright but you can find a much better selection in the area. Their service is not the best out there, they are rude and arrogant almost always. Last time I was there, it was after a night out with friends for my birthday. I ordered some pizza and while giving me my change, one of the workers (the guy with the dreadlocks) took some of my change and dumped it in their tip box. He said thank you with a smirk and looked away without me saying it was okay for him to do that, like really? I am not picky when it comes to customer service but that is ridiculous, you can't simply take a customer's change and keep it for yourself without asking, heck even asking for a tip is unacceptable in a fast food restaurant. Even though it was small (about $1-2) I wanted to fight back and get my change but I had a great night with my friends and didn't want the night to get ruined by escalating the situation.

So I don't think I'll ever go back there again.

3  Thank marky_mark17
Reviewed January 12, 2013

On Yonge Street. They have spices, heat and fast services. Pizza's made to order and ready made. They are pretty big slices. The one I had - when sliced in 2 - where the size of Mrs. Vanelli's pizzas. Not too expensive at all. Cheaper the most restaurants around the neighbourhood and just as filling.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

They call it the Big Slice for good reason -- eating two of them is like eating a whole pizza. It's bet to get them when they're right out of the oven - they're not as good when they've been reheated. But the slices are actually quite decent taste-wise, much better than the bland slices and the ubiquitous Pizza Pizza chain which has outlets every few blocks in Toronto.