“DELICIOUS FIND”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We walked in off busy, noisy King Street to find this cozy, and very crowded Thai gem! We did not have a reservation, but were lucky to get the last table on a Saturday night. We were immediately greeted by our server pouring water. We ordered appetizers.....chicken satay with peanut sauce $10.95 and princess spring rolls $4.95.....we did not wait long at all. Our main course was timed perfect....the chicken pad thai $9.95 very fresh, lots of chicken and the seafood curry pad thai $12.95....great flavor, lots of seafood.
Saturday night in any popular restaurant you expect to wait.....that was not the case at Thai Princess.....the staff was friendly,fast and efficient.
Glad we walked in!

There are newer reviews for Thai Princess Restaurant

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Food is ok but nothing memorable. I had the beef panang curry and it was good but few peppers. This was also the first time I have seen a charge for rice as a side with a curry dish, not a big deal more a curiosity. Service was ok but didn't get the feeling anyone was happy I was there. All in all it was fair for the price.

2  Thank Indiananimal
Reviewed September 16, 2011

being a repeat customer for delivery in downtown core,
food is exceptional, price is good for the quantity of portions,

complaint is that restaurant is closed between 3pm-5pm,
located on king street west in the theatre/entertainment district of toronto,
i can not believe there is no business between 3pm-5pm,

my displeasure is that today i drove thru rush hour traffic on a friday to pickup, arriving after 3pm to find out they are closed,
they would not even offer takeout at this time,

not a happy camper today,
my assumption is that they would be open for business,

“When you assume, you make an [--] out of u and me.”
~ Oscar Wilde

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My mother and I visited this restaurant while in Toronto for a day after researching on Trip Advisor for a good restaurant within walking distance. We had never tried Thai before, and wanted to go for something new. We found the Thai Princess.

After walking past several packed, noisy restaurants, we came to a more quiet neighbourhood and arrived at our destination. There were only a few people in this restaurant, and we nearly walked away in favour of a more popular destination. We then decided to risk it.

It was a great choice! We ordered the shrimp crackers with peanut sauce, the princess spring rolls, and a plate of shrimp pad thai to split between the two of us. The crackers quickly arrived - the peanut sauce was my favourite item ordered. The spring rolls, oddly enough, arrived with the main course. I didn't particularly enjoy them, but my mother loved the rolls. Finally, the pad thai we split was delicious; the shrimp tender, the rice noodles perfectly cooked and coated in flavourful tamarind sauce. Furthermore, we both ate well for a total under twenty-five dollars! The incredible value of the meal is what put the restaurant over into the five-star range.

The only complaints I might make are the decorations, which are a touch old-fashioned, and the fact that one appetizer came with the main course. But these are only details - I would whole-heartedly recommend this restaurant to others and would gladly visit again! Do not be deterred by its emptiness!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Thai Princess is easy to find in downtown Toronto. This restaurant serves delicious Thai food with fresh zesty sauces and lots of veggies. I have tried their thai eggplant, the cashew chicken, some curries, and salads. I enjoy everything i order here. The service, the timing, and the drink refills are all appropriate. The decor is not great but seems irrelevant once the steamy food arrives.