“Excellent Food”

Neighborhood: East End
Neighborhood: East End
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there around 10pm on a Saturday night after attending an event in the Beaches. The decor is sparse - typical Asian restaurant - and there were not many tables filled which is understandable for that time of night.

The service and food were excellent. The waitress was very sweet and attentive. We ordered the spring rolls as an appetizer and the restaurant added some free appetizers on top of that. It was a nice touch. The food was plentiful and tasted just as good the next day when it was heated up for lunch.

Definitely plan on returning to this place for good Thai food.

Visited November 2013

“Good food!!!! Unless you are a Vegan Troll.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place has great food and has unpretencious servers. There is a bit of a code, I think , growing up in Toronto. Where you hopefully are intelligent enough, and are responsible enough to read a menu before you order, unlike the previous reviewer. The last person to write a review sounds like a servers nightmare........... DUDE, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BACON. Your diet sucks, and if you expect people, (especially foreign), to adhere to your bs d bag way of eating, you better make damn sure you are very clear about what you want from the start. You are the type of person that every server in the world cringes about, when you walk into a restaurant. A goddam vegan troll. And I bet this wasn't the first time you wrote a bad review, about a good restaurant, because you were somehow put off by the way you were treated badly, WHEN YOU DESERVE TO BE TREATED BADLY. Make your own food at home, if you have strict dietary concerns, and please, if you will....... Choke on a junebug this summer.

Visited April 2013
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

On Labour Day I received the worst customer service I have had in a very long time. We walked in for takeout. The man who took our order did not seem happy to see us. He didn't smile, say welcome. Nothing. I instantly felt a cold unfriendliness from him. But I put it aside and ordered my food. I asked if he could prepare the Pad Thai, vegetarian. I asked about no fish sauce. He basically cut me off and said, "yes, yes" in hurried and rude manner. My friend ordered another dish and ensured hers could be made vegan too. We went to sit down to wait for our food, and I remembered that I didn't specify no eggs. Since Pad Thai is often made with eggs. He became very irritated and said the food was already made and it was too late. I said I could not eat eggs, and that it would make me sick. He didn't care. All he kept saying was that he would have to pay for the food (wasted) and that I should have read the menu better. I was still very civil and calm with him saying how sorry I was and that I could not eat the food. He eventually said, "fine, we will make it without eggs. I still have to pay for it....urrrrrgh." I felt terrible. He made me feel terrible. I wanted to walk out right then and there. But we waited for the food and when he slapped my food down on the table he said again, "Next time read the menu better!" I got up to leave and all I could muster out was, "You don't have to be so mean about it." My friend then told him off and said he was rude and out of line. She grabbed a take out menu on the way out. THERE IS NO MENTION OF EGGS in the description for Pad Thai. What a jerk. I hope he was not the owner.

I will never go to this restaurant again. And I will tell as many people as I know about this horrible experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank D L
Toronto, Canada
“Favorite Thai House Now Too Salty”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

In mid-March, we had lunch in one of our favorite Thai restaurants in The Beaches Area (on Queen Street East) of Toronto. Hadn`t eaten there since before last Christmas, so we wanted to again savor our favorites, their very delicious Mango Salad, Spring Rolls, Spicy Beef, and Curried Chicken. While the appetizers were as tasty as always, we were disappointed with our two main dishes because of their unusually high saltiness. In all other respects the taste of the food was as delicious as it had always been in our numerous visits to this establishment over the past dozen years or more. Regrettably, we were in a bit of a hurry so did not have time to ask the waiter or the owner about the changed salt content. We will go back again sometime to try the Thai House food again.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank curtiejoe
“Love it!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have eaten here many times - both for lunch and dinner. Lunch and dinner times vary (open hours) so call first!!
The lunch menu - provides terrific soups and rolls, as well as a full selection of Thai food. We usually order the cashew nut shrimp or chicken with spring rolls, and, a soup. All of the soups are great.
The restaurant is small - and oblong in shape. Reservations are advised especially at dinner time. Service is terrific, and the restaurant is in the Beach area of Scarborough - where parking is at a premium! Parking is available on side streets, but read the signs regarding seasonal parking limits!!
We have tried about six other Thai locations in Toronto, and this one is the best. Try the table at the front looking out on Queen Street - but not in the winter months as it is a cold table. The washrooms are located downstairs - watch your step on the stairs down.

• Visited August 2011