“Our go to restaurant”
Review of Terroni

Terroni
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 8,715 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Queen and Bathurst
Transit: Queen and Claremont
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Terroni is the ideal go to restaurant. Great pizza, pasta, service and ambience. When we really can't think of a place to eat, we always seem to end up here. Their terrace is beautiful in the summer and their fresh grill menu is a must try!

There are newer reviews for Terroni

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I miss Terroni when not in Toronto - it really is some of the best pizza in TO! The restaurants themselves are lovely, and very kind staff :)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I always came to Terroni for the pizzas when a wonderfully friendly server suggested I try some other things. It was a Tuesday and fairly late for lunch so past the rush hour. I had a meal that was eye-opening. It was a seafood spaghetti with a very light sauce made of white wine and fish stock with a dash of olive oil. A few calamari, mussels, a bit of fish and a dollop of beautifully fresh sea urchin. Inspirational. Went to talk to the chef, Marco, and he kept the last portion of the ingredients for me and I went back there for dinner.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am not one to right or speak negatively about anything, but considering my dining experience last evening at Terroni, I feel this is necessary. Reservations were made for 8:00pm, as we were told they did not take resos prior to that - we were urged to arrive earlier and perhaps have a drink at the bar while we waited. We arrived at 7:30pm and luckily only had to wait 5 min before the kind hostess ushered us to a table. We ordered a delicious bottle of red prior to ordering our apps and mains and quite enjoyed the bustling yet comfy ambience. I then proceeded to order the grilled calamari, followed by their Agnolotti di Ricotta Affumicata. After finishing the calamari I began to feel a little off but brushed it off not thinking much. I got through 1/4 of my pasta and could not eat anymore due to how nauseous I was feeling. Once home, I spent the next 9 hours being sick to my stomach due to food poisoning. Not only that, but I was forced to take a day off work due to this incident. Needless to say, I spent over $120 to be sick; doesn't seem like a fair deal to me... I say these things not to disrespect the restaurant, but merely because I would not wish for my worst enemy to go through the experience I did.

3  Thank MattyKirst
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Terroni makes the best pasta in the city. When I was in Italy and had pasta I'd always think "Terroni is just as good". Order the pasta in meat sauces - bolognese and the ones with sausages are my favourites. The calamari is excellent. The mushrooms with breadcrumbs on arugula is delicious.

They have several locations, I frequent the one on Yonge Street near Summerhill. It's big and beautiful. You can go with kids, go on a date, go with a group of friends - it is suitable for all.

The service is fast. If you sit down and order your appetizers and mains you'll be done within an hour. If you want to enjoy your evening order one thing at a time and take it all in.

Oh - and don't ask for butter on your bread, dipping sauce for your calamari, don't ask them to cut your pizza (in fact, don't even order the pizza - order the pasta)... they will not accommodate. Pretentious? Perhaps. But did I mention that the pasta is outstanding?