“Good service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I picked a dish that I have had many times and other restaurants and it did not meet their standards. Shrimp and lobster sauce on rice. I would order it again from here.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I don't know if there's a sign I didn't see stating "Cash Only" because if I did I wouldn't have entered. To my surprise I was told that when cashing out and was shown an ATM that charges $2.25. Food was ok seeing I only had two items but certainly not worth an extra $2.25 on the $20 I took out plus to my surprise I also have another $2.00 deducted from my bank account Network Transaction Fee ATM Canada. Between my tipping and ATM charges I spend hard worked money for so so food. Make sure you have cash. I know I won't have to look for "Cash Only" sign at this place again, as I'll never go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank D S
Reviewed December 14, 2017

Last time I made a trip here was 5 years ago and they had this wicked fried crab balls with the claw on it to hold. I was so disappointed it was not on the menu cause this was the only reason I came back!

Anyhow, the food and service is always fast and friendly.
Portions will have you eating seconds and thirds the next day!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank bradr879
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Swatow and we always enjoy the food and atmosphere. It’s a cozy restaurant with a great menu and the food never disappoints. Just remember to bring cash as that’s all they take!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Swatow. Named after the city in the Guangdong region from which the style emanates. Small place (the resto, not the region). Get there early. Be prepared for lineups (perhaps more so on Sundays). And a lot of noise. Not chic, but clean. Inexpensive. A small, busy restaurant that's not much on modernity ~ that's a good thing ~ just pretend you are in authentic China. Very good service by polite enough staff. Crispy duck is a must! Chicken chow mein bean sauce vermicelli noodles perfectly flavoured, perfectly prepared. It’s the kind of place that on enjoying your first visit, you’ll become a repeat customer for years to come, like so many others. If you're asked to share a table, grab the opportunity.

Date of visit: November 2017