“Oysters? This is the place!”
Review of Pearl Diver

Pearl Diver
Ranked #82 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Excellent selection of oysters, including from Scotland and other European sites. Good selection of beers, amiable shuckers behind the bar. Not fancy, but great. Good for dinner too.

1  Thank jrjojo

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Starfish is a favorite restaurant of mine. I love seafood and I love oyster and this is the place to go. Their fish is fresh and cooked perfectly everytime and the oysters are so yummy. Their steak is heart stoppingly good - juicy, fatty tender - awesome. The place is pretty busy so it gets sorta loud.

1  Thank wasurenaide
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We went to Starfish yesterday as it was recommended by a friend as an excellent place for seafood.

The food was not bad but nothing to rave about. I've had Boston clam chowder and steelhead trout - they were fine but again, nothing amazing. We left $110 for a dinner for 2 without alcohol and we could have eaten the same quality food in other places a couple of times.

There was also an unpleasant moment at the end of the dinner - we happened to be in the restaurant during the Summerlicious, and the menu said that 18% gratuity was included into the price of Summerlicious menu. But when we were paying the waiter said it was not included which was somewhat surprizing. The menu is just one page of standard paper printed on a regular printer (because as I was told they update the menu daily) so there should not be a problem to update the menu and have it accurate (in case the waiter told the truth - if not it's even worse, we did not bother to check when were leaving).

On the top of this my husband had an upset stomach after the restaurant. Overall it was a disappointing dinner, we are surely not going back.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Been to this restaurant on two other occasions. Oysters are good if a bit overpriced but service was not outstanding on either visit. It's near my husband's office so the location is convenient. Our latest visit convinced me to never waste my money here again. Our waitress disgustingly rude. She flung our orders on the table, rolled her eyes when we asked for water, and purposely bumped our table at least three times. I asked her as we were leaving if we had offended her in some way - I got a blank hostile stare.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wonderful neighborhood gem. Decor is a mix of seafood dockside/pub style look. Moderate noise level. Wide variety of very fresh oysters. Small menu but everything very well done. Crab oyster gumbo and crab cakes (smoked on the premises) are outstanding. One meat offering - steak and frites - beautifully cooked. Nice selection of wines - a little pricey not much below $40. Easy parking.

1  Thank alwaysplanahead