“Love the Mimmo Salad!!”

Standard Pasta & Pizza Bar
Ranked #4,503 of 8,440 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Description: The Standard sits proudly on the corner of College & Beatrice in a newly renovated two-storey building, with a huge heated outdoor patio. The main floor boasts a large bar with 8 beers on tap, and a casual dining room with an open concept kitchen. Group functions are welcomed and easily accommodated on the second floor in a modern and comfortable atmosphere, with seating for up to 50 people.
“Love the Mimmo Salad!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Grilled Chicken & honey roasted Walnuts on Garden Salad. Healthy choice for my gluten free diet. Dropped in for quick lunch. Weather is great so patio & windows wide open. Looks like they updated there patio on the College Street side. Definately a favourite spot for me when I'm in town. FYI. They have free Parking on the side street after the green P lot. It's one way so I went down the laneway and came back up.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank markusa149

Toronto
“Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

At the insistence of friends we went for Saturday night dinner. The restaurant was busy and although it was a cool evening the patio was open with heaters.
Atmosphere *** nothing special; Service **** our waitress was pleasant and efficient; Wine * choices ranged from Yellow Tail to bland poor quality Italian wines; Food ** not bad but not good very average; Prices ** like the food average, $15 for pasta and $18 for veal; Summary ** average and very "standard" like the name says... there are much better choices on College Street.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Tonight I want to this restaurant with my family. This is the worst Italian dining experience I have ever had. We started with lamb skewers and fried calamari. Here is the breakdown, the calamari was basically per bagged supermarket quality - so bland and not even hot. The lamb skewers I am also certain were from some supermarket again. No flavor and just boring.

Our entrees were marginally better. We had the magherita pizza where the mozzarella wasn't even melted through so the centre of the cheese basically tasted chewed and like a clump. My wife's pasta and veal cutlet was on the dry side and she also said the marinara sauce basically was prepared by someone without taste buds. My kids shared a plate of spaghetti bolognese. This was the first time they didn't finish it so that spoke volumes.

The service was not all there either, our waitress obviously her first gig was lost. She forgot to get my wife's emon. For her water, forgot the bread and just [--] her way through her knowledge of the menu. Overall, I would summarize this place to be no different than Olive Garden. If you are going to have a drink there with some buddies, I would recommend this place. If you're going to eat there with friends or family, do not go here as they will most likely will never let you choose another place again. Oh yeah, take a look at the Chinese guy running the pizza oven.......'Nuff said.

Visited August 2013
Columbus
“not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was just average (ie; steak was over cooked and dry, vegies on my entrée cold). A couple of us had just water. glasses were NEVER refilled, interesting b/c there were many servers who milled about the area were dining. Wouldn't recommend.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Taste of Little Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Amazing food and drinks as always!. My buddies & I had a great time as always & a big thank to the gorgeous Monica working the front, not only a beauty to look at while sitting at the patio true sweetheart , took care of us after spilling drinks & needing more chairs while other staff was busy.

• Visited June 2013