“Terrible Mother's Day Experience”
Review of Standard Pasta & Pizza Bar - CLOSED

Standard Pasta & Pizza Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Description: The Standard sits proudly on the corner of College & Beatrice in a newly renovated two-storey building, with a huge heated outdoor patio. The main floor boasts a large bar with 8 beers on tap, and a casual dining room with an open concept kitchen. Group functions are welcomed and easily accommodated on the second floor in a modern and comfortable atmosphere, with seating for up to 50 people.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been regulars at Standard for the last 5 years & today we decided to take my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. We brought my 3 year old daughter and even though our waiter asked the kitchen to provide us with her meal before everyone else, we were told that the kitchen refused. Once we started to receive our entrees, my cousin received her dish first, then my mother-in-law received only half of other entree as they forgot the pasta. Not only this, they didn't bring my wife's pasta for another 5 minutes. When we got to dessert, the ran out of our first choice (at 3:30pm in the afternoon), so we then asked for the tiramisu. Once we got it, we noticed a layer of ice on top of the tiramisu.

Definitely very disappointed, especially since this had traditionally been one of our favourite spots on College Street.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

No bread on table when we arrived. Slow service for initial order and the food took a long time. The bus boy took all our fork and knifes, so we had nothing to after our appetizers. The food arrived but nothing to eat with. The bread that is normally servers before the meal arrived after the main course arrived. After the meal was finished it took a long time for the waitress to take my credit card. The bathrooms had no paper towels, but had two dispensers.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been back many times with friends to have Standard's Pizza. I'm not picky so I've had pretty much all of their different creations of pizza. Plus very nice place, atmosphere and staff. If you get Travis to serve you, you'll be well informed and be treated very well.

1  Thank markusa149
Reviewed February 8, 2013

the service was amazing, and the food was delicious.the pizza and calamari was the best i have ever had. lovely atmosphere. decent value.

2  Thank nadiab325
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On my most recent trip Sept 11 2012 I was again disappointed with the food. My wife and son and I have been to this establishment on several visits over the last few years, The food here is not the greatest. On Sept 11 all three dinners were poor. Firstly my chicken parmesan dish had an odour of being "off"" In the first bite I had to call our server to take it away it smelled bad and it was. I imagine because this was a Tuesday evening (6:00pm) that this chicken was a leftover from the w/e. If so i would suspect that the refrigeration needs attention. Like wise my wife had her dinner but told me later that she felt it too was "off". My son after his parmesan felt a little ill with stomach cramps symptoms.

The female server was trying to be helpful while we were there. The cook had told her that the 2 chicken dinners came from the same package?? He never did come to our table although he did come out of the kitchen area. I suspect the poor quality could cause food poisining if this establishment has food care problems. The sanitation/food care procedures need attention. We enjoy the location but will not go back based on the more than once disappointments.

1  Thank Rocketman1311