“Very nice place...”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great place for a date. Sometimes a little stuffy but still very good. Great Specials. We had the beef cheeks and fish special of the night. Both were tasty, especially the beef. Desert was not bad.
We would go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food was great including the starter salad. The tables were too close together, however. It was kind of annoying to feel a person from the next table so close to you. But it got busy so I didn't end up feeling like everyone can hear my conversation. Service was very good, as well. We are young but good tippers and sometimes feel stereotyped by nice restaurants but it definitely wasn't the case here. I wish I had room for dessert but I suppose we'll have to come back again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Spuntini's on Good Friday evening after moving my daughter from her apartment .
Upon arrival , I was instantly relaxed ,as we settled into a table that overlooked Avenue Road .
Our server was exceptional ! He helped with the wine and food selections and provided us with advice that was both fresh and delicious . I had the Ravioli de Soria- WOW ! ( lobster and crab with fennel and red pepper cream sauce) My husband had the salmon , daughter #1 the Spaghetti Amore! Our fussy teen was pleased by an off the menu pizza order .
Tiramisu and Cafe Americano to complete the meal!
The ambiance was quaint and cozy allowing us to catch up and we ( and the members at the other 2 tables) were able to congratulate the wedding proposal that quietly happened at table number 4 ! PERFECT EVENING ! THANKS!

1  Thank Lizc004
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant on so many occasions I've lost count, and each time seems to get better from the last. About time I write a review! There are not many venues in Toronto that I could say are perfect for both an upscale client dinner, to a romantic date. The atmosphere, service, and virtually every item on the menu are sure to please even the fussiest diner. I have yet to try an appetizer I didn't like, and couldn't possibly pick favorite. The seafood linguine is my absolute favorite entrée. They often feature a seared tuna, or delicious see bream that are cooked and seasoned to perfection. The dessert menu is always another challenge for me, as every item is better than the last. Their gelato is phenomenal! The two private rooms facing Avenue road are ideal for larger groups, especially in the summer when the doors open up to the street; just like Europe. The staff are all very attentive and knowledgeable of their menu and wines, but Jonathan is our #1. If you can't pick a wonderful dish from the pages of amazing options, just ask him to recommend something for you, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank banker_barbie
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This gem of a place was recommended by our hotel concierge and it was excellent. The ingredients were fresh and the food was delish. I was with 2 coworkers and we each ordered a different pasta dish and a salad to share- we were all pleased with our selection. They had a nice wine and spirits selection and it had a family feel inside, with friendly and welcoming staff.