“A wonderful experience!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Four of us went to this restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had a delicious meal and a wonderful evening. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly and went above and beyond what was expected. We look forward to returning to Spuntini on our next visit to Toronto.

2  Thank DebPrins
There are newer reviews for Spuntini Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed July 13, 2012

12 of us dined there recently and had a very good experience. We started out with 2 large anti pasti plates for the table and they earned rave reviews. I asked for the waiter's preferance between the spaghetti amore and the pasta special for the day. He guided me to the spaghetti and it was very good. My wife had the penne portobello pasta with pesto and was not disappointed.

Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I'll start from the beginning: we had reservations for 8 for myself and 5 other friends. We arrived on time and they still made us wait for half an hour before seating us! Talk about bad first impressions! One of my friends ordered Penne and it was very undercooked, and chewy. 2 of my friends had Gnocchi and said it was delicious but they felt sick afterwards! Restaurant was very noisy and small. Nice atmosphere but not an experience worth going back for.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Best Italian food I have ever had. It is a bit tricky to find parking but it is worth he walk. I highly recommend the Lobster Ravioli!

1  Thank Meredith R
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was here last week for a friends birthday dinner and I thought I could rely on Spuntini to be good, but I was a little disappointed this time. The decor and atmosphere have stayed the same, although the screaming children at the table behind us made us feel like we were at a Swiss Chalet instead of a Yorkville resto. Also, 90% of the patrons around us were dressed in casual wear including baseball hats and jeans...but this isn't a rant about the patrons, so I digress. The problem with that however, is that it cheapens the atmosphere.

Anyhow, we ordered burrata to start, which is a heavenly, creamy blend of cheese curds nestled in a fresh mozzarella skin. We, on the other hand, got a SKINNY slice of this heaven and one tiny, burnt crostini...to share. Our waiter knew there were two of us sharing this, so maybe they could put 2 crostini? Just a thought. That's definitely not worth the money, go to Grande Cheese instead and get the whole ball.

My lobster ravioli was really nothing special. I thought the sauce tasted like it came from a jar, to be honest. The dish lacked any freshness, the ravioli tasted like a Primo product you can buy at the grocery store and could have been considered a little too al dente (almost crunchy). My friends' pasta fared a bit better, but even then, it wasn't anything to write home about.

The service is always good here. Maybe a little slow, but not enough to complain. So as you can tell, it didn't quite deliver this time, but I don't think I'll give up on it just yet.