“Decor outshines food”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Food is ok. I didn't get sushi, but cooked Chinese food. Rice, Cantonese chow mein, rolls. Rice was ok, not great for fried rice. Chow mein was poor. I've never seen Cantonese chow mein with calamari in it, but this one did. They also love to put tofu in lots of things. Went couple times and it was similar both times. Don't plan on going back.

I ordered takeout and expect them to ask if I require cutlery or automatically include it. They did neither.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is the first restaurant we tried where we had a choice of ordering a la carte or for a fixed $24.99, could order anything and as many orders (provided no waste of food) from their menu. There were 6 in our party and we had multiple orders of salad, soup and appetizers. But when it came to the Sushi menu we ordered one of everything and the food did not stop coming (though kinda slow at first). Not everything came at once since they try to pace us but there was more than enough that we had to cancel the rest of the sushi orders. And unfortunately we were so full we could not get to the main entrées. We did try the Korean BBQ short ribs which were excellent. Mango salad and Watermelon with Feta salad were good. Sushi, though plentiful was just... sushi, nothing fancy. Dessert was simple- mango, coconut, and green tea ice cream were delicious.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've eaten at this Spring Rolls many times. The service is fine and the atmosphere is new and appealing. I like how open it feels. What is surprising is that their signature dishes aren't very good -- their sushi is not bad, though. If I could give the place an overall 3.5/5, I would.

Their fish is fresh and the sushi well-made. But everything else from their pad thai to fried rice is subpar. They are a typical restaurant not sure where to place their mark: smattering of all types of Asian cultures and excelling at none. But their sushi is very do-able.

1  Thank OutOfTheCase
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Average food, poor service.

Maybe it's this location but it's definitely our worst expedience at Spring rolls.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my first time trying Thai food. The food was excellent!
There was a group of us and they gave us our own little section to socialize.
I would go again!