“Delish!”

Ranked #341 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Southern Accent has been serving the most authentic and exciting Cajun and Creole food in Toronto for 34 years. Recently relocated to the exciting College and Ossington neighbourhood, join us at the bar for a Cajun Cocktail or a bourbon from our collection accompanied by the best Calamari in the city. The restaurant is a tribute to the old victorian house in the Mirvish Village location, laced with all the old quirky artwork and charms. In a hurry? No need to worry. Grab 'n' go and high end take out are available from the express area at the entrance to the restaurant!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went for dinner last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! One of us is a vegan and there were some choices for her. Ask for Wendy - one of the best servers I've ever had. The blackened chicken livers - don't miss. BBQ - again, don't miss.
PLUS the deserts are great too.

SouthernAccent595, Owner at Southern Accent Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for the positive review! Since you liked the BBQ, thought I should mention that have a special BBQ menu on now until Sept. 2nd with some special items. Hope we'll see you back again soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to Southern Accent because they were participating in Summerlicious, but even though I ordered from a special menu, all of the items I ordered are available a la carte year-round as well.
The food was excellent. I am not adventurous when it comes to trying new cuisines, but I had no problem finding menu items that seemed safe. The salad was fresh and dressed perfectly, the BBQ plate was seasoned and cooked so well that the beef crumbled right off the bone. The dessert, an apple pandowdy (which is basically a re-arranged pie) was served hot with a scoop of cold iced cream on top, and made me wish for more.
The décor of Southern Accent is lovely, and although it seems folksy at a glance, it is a warm and comfortable place to eat. The service was excellent; our server was attentive and helpful.
Really the only qualm about this place is the price, which is higher than I would be able to afford on a weekly (or perhaps even monthly) basis. The average entrée costs just under $20, and appetizers, desserts, and drinks cost even more.
If you are able to afford eating here, I definitely recommend you do so.

2  Thank Louis T

Thanks for checking us out! Glad to hear that your experience was a positive one, and we hope you'll come back again soon. If price is a concern, we do have half-priced appetizers Sundays through Thursdays from 5-6:30pm (note that we are not open on Mondays), and Saturday/Sunday from 3-6pm, as well as $5 drink specials.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

You can't find this food in many places hereabouts. The drinks and menu offerings are very good. The music and decor support the cuisine. All in all, a fun place to enjoy a good meal.

SouthernAccent595, Owner at Southern Accent Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Great, thanks E M!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'd heard quite a few good reviews about this place, and my pallet is not an easy one to please. I can say; and this is agreed by our entire party, the food was amazing! The service was a little bit slow, but it was very busy (it was perfect weather on a Friday night) so that's to be expected. The ambiance is cool enough to make the wait enjoyable, and the staff are very pleasant. I have a new favorite restaurant. Thanks Southern Accent! See ya soon...

SouthernAccent595, Owner at Southern Accent Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

A new favourite!? Great to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Saw online and had to try it out. Awesome, and a lot cheaper than going to the French Quarter. Our master bartender Richard also waited our table and made for a memorable night. Blackened Chicken, Catfish, Hushpuppies, Crème Brule, Bread Pudding and some great Bourbon Cocktails... we'll be back! Atmosphere.. funky New Orleans, casual, but classy.. lots of fun!!

I like that: "casual, but classy"! Thanks for the shout-out Voodoo7777! Our $25 Summerlicious Prix-Fixe menu just started, so maybe we'll see you again soon!