“Great food!”

Neighborhood: East End
Mississauga, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to this place tonight before a concert at the Music Hall. I was optimistic that the food would be good based on reviews that I had read, and we weren't disappointed.

We ordered the pecoras, naan paneer and garlic naan for appetizers, which were all great. The pecoras were delicious and we tried naan paneer for the first time and it was really good as well. For our main course, we ordered butter chicken, a paneer dish, rice and a curried veg dish. Everything was delicious. We had read the reviews about the service but didn't have any problems. Of course, I'm kind of proactive when it comes to that and I get the server's attention, so I'm not sure what to think of the other reviews. In any event, the main thing I look for in a restaurant is the food, and it was great. The atmosphere was pretty nice, with fairly dim lighting and nice wall decor. There are only 2 window tables, so if you want those ask.

We thought the service was pretty good and we were out of there (3 of us) in one hour with no issues. The lighting was pretty dim the way we like it and the atmosphere comfortable. The dishes that I mentioned, along with two glasses of wine and a beer, cost us $68. That's not bad at all to me.

We definitely liked this place a lot and will be going back.

• Visited November 2012

“Authentic and Delicious”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I've been to many Indian restaurants in Toronto and none compare to this place. After my initial visit, I brought frends to try it out and they strongly agreed that the food, ambience and staff are flavourful, clean and very attentive respectively. We ordered the sizzling platter, pakora and meat and veggie samosa's to start and all were delicious. For mains we had palak paneer, butter chicken, chicken tikka, with a side of naan, and I am salivating just thinking about it. All in all a great experience and would highly recommend. Make a reservation as its busy.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Ontario
“Punjab Delish”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant out and visit another area of Toronto. We ordered our Main meals which consisted of lamb, chicken, vegetable, rice and naan bread...at first we thought the portions are small but then after we were eating it...we found we were full than before. The atmosphere is wonderfully warm and it's cozy too. Loved the Film noir style movie set at the back, Bollywood style. Reasonably priced and we needed to be carted out if we had the chance...would go back for sure.

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Chicken Curry ... Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I know I am too much of a foodie and very particular about taste of Indian Food.
Had got a Groupon for this restaurant long back where 43$ worth of food can be cashed in for $23. However when we entered the place we only saw non-indian crowd that made us assume the food to be bland and another run-of-the-mill so called "indian" restaurant fooling the crowd (* Read my other reviews ).

But to our surprise, the food was way above our expectations look and flavour and aroma and not to forget the authentic aroma of Indian chicken curry.
No wonder the place was almost packed by dinner time so making a reservation will help.
We order chick peas, Chicken curry rice and bread.
Every thing was crisp and

Genuine Indian food, cordial staff, nice ambiance must try. they also have order pickup

• Visited December 2011
Halifax, Canada
“A must do in Toronto”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This is one place I always visit when in Toronto. It has been there forever, and has always satisfied the craving for delicious Indian food. The dining room is comfortable, the service is professional, and the food is consistently delicious.

• Visited October 2011