“Best. Meal. Ever”

Scaramouche Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Scaramouche Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Edmund and Avenue Road (see map)
Description: Scaramouche has long been celebrated by customers and critics for its unwavering commitment to making each dining experience a memorable one. Chef/owner Keith Froggett's sophisticated cuisine is presented simply with care and attention to detail. The service underscores that philosophy: unobtrusive and respectful. The restaurant affords a stunning nighttime vista of the downtown Toronto skyline. These components and more make Scaramouche the singular destination it is. And the reason that the restaurant is consistently ranked as one of the city's best for more than three decades.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hands down one of the best foodie experiences I've had. The Lamb and the Filet are both top notch, but if you don't treat yourself to a slice of the Coconut Cream Pie afterwards you will never forgive yourself.

Thank you to the staff, and the cooks for our honeymoon dinner experience!

1  Thank Shane M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I dined at Scaramouche for my birthday in June. I have worked in the restaurant industry for years and for years was told this was the place to go. With so many new restaurants constantly opening we kept getting side tracked until we finally put our foot down and made reservations. Well, everyone was right. The way for me to judge whether a meal was memorable is by being able to remember exactly what i ate, 2 months later. Well, its been nearly 2 months, and all I can think about is how i want to go back.

Service: not stuffy, elevated, server knew how to read our table. Timing was impecable, nothing felt rushed, nothing felt too slow or too fast, it was truly perfect and thats a tough one for even great restaurants.

Food: we couldnt pick a favourite, we always rank our dishes and we simply couldnt.

Atmosphere: sure, the look is a bit 80ish, outdated, but who cares, i dont come for the decor, i come for the experience.

Will be back as soon as I can.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We used to frequent this restaurant often back in the late 80's and 90's so even after we moved to a different province, we would still go whenever we came back to Toronto. Our most recent visit, did not disappoint and their Coconut Cream Pie is still the best I have EVER tasted!

The service and wine list is always good and the food always is just the right portion size and so delicious. Hidden away in the heart of the city but has amazing views.

2  Thank KMH6868
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is an elegant restaurant with a large window overlooking the skyline (although you have to be sure to ask in advance for window seat with a view). It's a slight distance from Yorkville; they have valet parking and they would have to call a cab back for you if you taxi over. I would really give it three and a half stars if I could do that; it's just not up to snuff.

Most of the people had on their best Palm Beach wear, and there were very few people under the age of 65, it felt a bit odd. The real problem however was the food, I had duck which was just not top of the line quality and my appetizer was just eh. I think dinner with two glasses of wine and dessert was $240. I don't mind paying that kind of money for a truly fine meal, but in this case it just wasn't there. If you eat here, you will have a nice time but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to go back, which, to my mind is the real test for a restaurant.

1  Thank royturk611
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed ourselves here and it is a great stop after the Hall of Fame. The service is warm and friendly but the food is certainly just average. It is what we expected and we will return.

1  Thank RhinoSkin1