“Pleasant dining experience and good service”
Review of Sassafraz

Sassafraz
Reserve with OpenTable
Sassafraz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bloor and Bay Streets
Transit: Bay Subway Station
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I drop in here on occasion for a libation at the bar; It's a friendly, laid back place in the heart of Yorkville.

Was pleasantly surprised to discover that they were participating in Winterlicious when
I showed up on a Saturday night, not knowing this when I made my reservation.

I enjoyed the brie phylo pastry, the lamb shank dinner, and a yummy chocolate dessert.

My daughter who joined me, her first visit was delighted to order the brie, and rissoto
and a delightful strawberry cake.

The server was professsional, and affable and consistent, as was the rest of the staff.

Reasonable selection of Specialty drinks, and some nice wines available by the glass or bottle.

I tried a Martini, and my daughter had the spicy tequila. Both excellent.

The only downside is the cold breeze that blows through the front door, whenever folks
come in. But hey, that's minor.

All sorts of people come in here, for anniversarys, tourists, and they do seem to have a local
set of regulars who pop in now and then.

Look forward to my next visit...........

SassafrazToronto, Manager at Sassafraz, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on our Winterlicious menu, our service and our ambiance. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have been here a few times and I quote enjoy it here. The atmospehere is cool, the service is great and the food always delivers. I have no complaints about my meal- for $45 I ordered the brie phylo pastry, the striploin steak for my main and then a mini chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. My only complaint is there lack of beer selection and pricing. I ordered a Keiths on tap (which took about 30 mins to get to me) and it was just under $11. That was the only complaint I have.

I will definitely be returning.

1  Thank ilovedgreece

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on our atmosphere, service and food. We appreciate the feedback about the beer selection.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food was nothing special...tough steak. Service in the dining room area was POOR. The waiter was busy and we were served by the bus boy instead. He had no knowledge of the wine and food in the menu, brought us the wrong drinks and almost sliced my faced with the a steak knife when he placed it on the table. Pretty Negative VIBES.
My husband and I will never dine here again. Maybe we'll just have drinks at the bar or sit on the sidewalk for cocktails and appetizers. THIS PLACE HAS LOST IT'S Flair...overrated. There are restaurants in TO.

SassafrazToronto, Manager at Sassafraz, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment. If you could please email us at info@sassafraz.ca with your contact information, we'd like to hear more about your experience.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Held a wedding reception and dinner here for 30 guests in light airy dining room upstairs . A great event ,with excellent food ,wine and warm friendly service . A memorable evening and great location .

SassafrazToronto, Manager at Sassafraz, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly loved being a part of your special day.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was our 4th time to visit this restaurant. Every time we had excellent service and delicious meal. The ambiance is romantic and elegant at the same time. Live music at the bar section. Cannot wait to go back.

Thank you! We cannot wait to have you back for your 5th visit!