“Nice service anf good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Sassafraz

Sassafraz
Reserve with OpenTable
Sassafraz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bloor and Bay Streets
Transit: Bay Subway Station
Denmark
“Nice service anf good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Sassafraz is in a very place and both bar and dining room are welcoming.

We were a group of 8 and even when 3 were a half hour late the servers were never pushy and just kept sending in nice hot bread while we waited.

The food was inventive and very good. I had the boar terrine and duck. Both excellent. The wine was in general quite expensive but there were a couple of nice choices at more reasobable prices.

If I came back to Toronto I would consider going back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Great patio”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have been to this restaurant many times over the years for both lunch and dinner. We have never been disappointed with food or service. We love to sit on the patio in the summer and people watch.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Beautiful decor, amazing service, good food, disappointing wine”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Sassafraz is a strikingly beautiful restaurant with amazing service and food that doesn't disappoint, though I would like to see a little more inspiration from a kitchen that seems to use bacon as a crutch on half its menu. What was a bit disappointing was the wine list, which is simultaneously expensive and uninspiring. They were out of Sancerre, so we had a Marlborough that just was not nearly as beautiful and complex as many of the wines from the region. $60 for that was too much, given that you can pay much less nearly next door at Dimmi for better wine. They do, however, have a lovely pinot grigio.

The service was out of this world. The kind of thing you would expect from a Wolfgang Puck or Tom Collichio restaurant.

Would go again.

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong
“Great food and good service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Ate at Sassafraz for the second time and wasn't disappointed. Had a very nice soup to start and a very nice steak for the main course. Also shared some delicious mini-mousses with my friend. The service was very attentive and flexible. We asked for hot water instead of cold water and it came promptly. When leaving I accidentally left my IPAD on the chair and the waiter chased after me with it, which saved me a lot of trouble.

• Visited October 2012
“Best meal I've ever had.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to sassafraz for our anniversary dinner and it was just perfect. The trinkling water fountain set the perfect atmosphere. We ordered the strip and the lamb shank and both were perfectly made as ordered. Great service too. When we made our reservations, we let them know it was our anniversary and during our dinner, the desert came with a special note that congratulating us on our anniversary-great follow up!!!