“Really Fun And Fast Experience”

Salad King Restaurant
Ranked #187 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here for supper one night when we weren't craving fast food but we didn't want to get all dolled up for supper either. What a fun atmosphere to eat in. It was very social, and it was communial tables. They have quick turn over for their diners - and the food came incredibly fast! It is not your typical Thai food but it was just as delicious! We had the Spring Rolls and my husband had the Yellow Curry and I had the Phud Thai. I ate every last bite of it. It was nice and steamy hot and they don't skimp on any ingredient that is put in the dish. I think we were in and out of the restaurant in about 45 minutes. The bill came to $25 for 2 main dishes and an appetizer. Very reasonably priced! Looking forward to coming back here.

There are newer reviews for Salad King Restaurant

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been here multiple times, and I do enjoy it. The food is delicious. I often find it better to order take out because it is extremely difficult to maintain a conversation in the dining area.
Take out food is usually ready in 10 minutes, so that is a good thing.

Prices are good and portion sizes are large.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've been coming here since it was a hole in the wall and it was just Ernest, the owner, working the cash and calling out order to his team of ladies. Things have changed, Ernest is no where to be seen and this place is packed, packed, packed every night!

Overall standards and prices have remained what they were about 10 years ago. My favourite remains Sea Queen (fried squid on rice); Golden Curry and Thai Noodle Soup. Portions are fantastic and I love the heat.

Living in SE Asia and eating Thai made in Thailand, I know Salad Queen is a very, very Canadian interpretation of Thai - more Chinese than Thai really. But let's not be food snobs - whatever it calls itself, the food is great, value is excellent and the food is consistently good.

A must do and relatively cheap eat in Toronto. Do it!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Thai Islamic Noodles isn't on the menu, I've been having this item for over 6 years and its good every time. The Red Curry sauce is incomparable!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have been coming to this place for years now. All through university, and still keep coming back. Consistently great thai food, good atmosphere, quick service. And the price is definitely right. Even with the huge upgrade in space and interiors, the owners didn't raise the prices. And that sits just right with the university students. This place is always packed.

Whether it be a quick lunch, or a dinner date, this is a great option if you're in the Yonge/Dundas area.