“Average food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been here multiple times, and I do enjoy it. The food is delicious. I often find it better to order take out because it is extremely difficult to maintain a conversation in the dining area.
Take out food is usually ready in 10 minutes, so that is a good thing.

Prices are good and portion sizes are large.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've been coming here since it was a hole in the wall and it was just Ernest, the owner, working the cash and calling out order to his team of ladies. Things have changed, Ernest is no where to be seen and this place is packed, packed, packed every night!

Overall standards and prices have remained what they were about 10 years ago. My favourite remains Sea Queen (fried squid on rice); Golden Curry and Thai Noodle Soup. Portions are fantastic and I love the heat.

Living in SE Asia and eating Thai made in Thailand, I know Salad Queen is a very, very Canadian interpretation of Thai - more Chinese than Thai really. But let's not be food snobs - whatever it calls itself, the food is great, value is excellent and the food is consistently good.

A must do and relatively cheap eat in Toronto. Do it!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Thai Islamic Noodles isn't on the menu, I've been having this item for over 6 years and its good every time. The Red Curry sauce is incomparable!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have been coming to this place for years now. All through university, and still keep coming back. Consistently great thai food, good atmosphere, quick service. And the price is definitely right. Even with the huge upgrade in space and interiors, the owners didn't raise the prices. And that sits just right with the university students. This place is always packed.

Whether it be a quick lunch, or a dinner date, this is a great option if you're in the Yonge/Dundas area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I went to this place because a friend highly recommended it. Even though they have fast service, a wide selection of dishes and was very clean, I felt that I couldn´t enjoy my food that much. The rushed environment stressed me and the waitress just wanted to give us the bill so that they could serve more customers.
Additionally, the menu indicates how spicy the dishes are but I think that you should be careful as I have had found the dishes more spicy than they´re supposed to be.
Overall, I recommend this place for a fast meal, but if you like to hang out with your friends you should eat somewhere else.