“Good Food but Loud and Noisy!”

Salad King Restaurant
Ranked #174 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went there for an early dinner. I was disappointed with the huge crowd and children screaming at the top of their lungs while their mothers try to pacify them and the useless men along with them do not have anything to do except hog. We managed to get a place to sit down but it was very uncomfortable. The only solace was that the food arrived quickly enough and it tasted just right. Good food and quick service but horrible ambiance and crowd.

2  Thank Sumit_Dutta

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Found Salad King on Tripadvisor - Not certain of the name since it's Thai with 2 salads on the menu. It was easy to find after we walked up from the metro near Eaton Centre. It was just before noon, so we got a booth, but it filled up fast...some parties had 8-12 people at reserved tables. The remaining tables are cafeteria seating in an open room, but they did well to sit people where they wished. We had Mini Shrimp Rolls and Won Ton Soup for starters followed by Panang Curry and Thai Basil Noodles. Everything was delicious.

I denoted one star/point because of one waiter and young hostess arranging tables for large incoming group. They kept moving the paper placemats and silverware to the seats then back again onto the table. At one time the folks and knives were directly on the seat cushion. I guess they are ignorant to spreading germs. I know lots of unpleasing things go on behind the scenes, but lets put on our thinking caps next time.

1  Thank rleNewEngland
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Always try to make it to Salad King when I'm in town. Chicken satay was great - tender, juicy and lots of flavor. Green curry was awesome - perfect flavors, at "3 chili's" could have been a little spicier.

Wait staff is attentive and helpful.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times, especially while I was studying at Ryerson and I get CRAVINGS for the chicken with cashew

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Soo many delicious meals to choose from and I've never been disappointed . The place is always busy and seating is very cramped at times . Other than that great food and very reasonable prices .