“Great appetizers”
Review of Rosewater

Rosewater
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosewater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #667 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Adelaide
Transit: The Rosewater is two short blocks east and one north of King subway station
Description: Minutes from Toronto's Financial and Theatre districts, Rosewater offers a fresh and unique dining experience. From the intimate setting of the upper mezzanine level, which overlooks the main dining room, to the self-contained supper club on the lower level, this building lends an air of romance and casual decadence when dining on a fusion of modern classics.Rosewater is host to a variety of functions including business lunches/dinners, cocktail receptions and any special events.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here for a work function and it was ok, chairs were comfortable and service was fine. Bar kept up nicely, and it was nice to have the outside option available. Appreciated the heaters outside. The chicken was fine no complaints and the appetizers were fantastic! Loved the sliders and chicken pops also great desert. The only thing i didn't enjoy was the leak soup.

There are newer reviews for Rosewater

Reviewed February 21, 2013

For our Winterlicious lunch we started off with 1) Spiced garlic shrimp with a fennel & pinenut slaw - the shrimp was well seasoned and served hot; it contrasted well with the cold slaw, which was delectable.
2) House-Smoked Duck Prosciutto with pomegranate & tangerine Salad - the duck prosciutto was disappointingly dry (reminiscent of jerky), but the salad was refreshing.

Our mains consisted of 1) Fire-Roasted Chicken Breast Garlic & Honey Glaze, Chanterelle & Thyme Bread Pudding - the chicken breast was mediocre, but the accompanying bread pudding was delicious.
2) Grilled Cheese,Pulled Short Rib sandwich with fries - the sandwich was a big disappointment, with the bread overpowering a barely discernible filling .

For dessert, we had the Warm Maple Roasted Apple & Raisin Crumble with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and the Brown Sugar Caramel & Hazelnut Chocolate mousse , both of which were delicious. The hazelnut chocolate mousse dessert, in particular, was outstanding and tasted like a deconstructed ferrero rocher chocolate.

Service was decent and the ambience was pleasant.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

For the price we paid for the food I expected delicious food and top notch service. I didn't get either. The service was very slow and there was a very long gap between bringing the dishes to the table. End even when we got the food - it was far from amazing. The worst, by far, was the lamb shank - fatty and not properly cooked. I had better lamb in restaurants which charge half the price, but deliver much more in taste and presentation.
Overall - a big disappointment. There are much better places to enjoy a special occasion dinner.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

On our wedding anniversay we decided to dine here!! Great service and attentiveness to detail. They served us champange and personalized the dessert! The appetizers and mains were delicious and portions was good size. Will definately return!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have not been to this restaurant in years. Used to go at the height of its chic about 12 years ago.

I rolled my eyes when my colleague planned a Winterlicious luncheon for us today (Jan 31st)and thought to myself "been there, done that".

Well I need to give this place a chance again.

Menu had great diversity and was well-planned considering it was a promotion for a Prix-Fixe.

I had the spicy shrimp with fennel and pinenuts appetizer (meh - was not outstanding flavour combos and was served tepid). That is where my disappointment ends. The Reisling from Alsace with which the shrimp was paired was delightful. My coworkers had duck prosciutto with sweet potato crackers that looked (and apparently tasted) divine, and a butternut squash soup with chive maple cream that received equal adulation (well-balanced and not heavily relying on cream to get it to taste lovely). Our mains were all well-done and once again interesting to most palates: chicken (confit), fish (sustainable and the lightest of the fare - this was pointed out) and beef and grilled cheese sourdough - something for everyone. Our server was remarkable yet not flamboyant/snotty and once my colleague and I hinted at our low-carbs affectation she wheeled and dealed with the chef to come up with substitutions without us even asking (We just thought we would lose the bread puddings and get nothing in its stead - instead we got sauteed brocollini that was not even on the menu and delish too boot). She was unobtrusive yet caring (waters filled, correctly timed "how's the meal", changes to the menu to help us out, a completely different dessert to accomodate dietary restrictions). I left her a huge tip and todl the Maitre D. what a great time we had due to service.

Great time made even better by great service.

Glad to rekindle this relationship, Rosewater.