“Enojoyable, every time.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: South of Summerhill
Transit: We are located on Yonge Street, just south of the Summerhill Subway station, but the walk up from Rosedale is not too far.
Description: Kicking around midtown since 1978, The Rosedale Diner has earned its status as one of Toronto's most iconic restaurants. Famous for its Bohemian style and Israeli flair, it serves lunch on weekdays, brunch on weekends, and dinner every evening from 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Toronto, Canada
“Enojoyable, every time.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been going to The Rosedale Diner for years now and I've always had a great time. The atmosphere is always very pleasant and the service has been great. The owner is sometimes there when I go, and I think it's a nice touch when the owner of a restaurant checks on tables. But, yes, as others have mentioned, the service is relaxed, but I've never felt it was rude.

The food is delicious, especially the the Poutines, Duck Confit, Sesame Crusted Chicken Sandwich and I've had a sirloin there that was amazing! Also, they've recently had Wagyu burgers on the specials menu and they were fantastic!

I think my real attraction to this place is the summer patio. They serve lattes in lovely handmade clay bowls under a tree canopy, and it's simply stunning. Although, word of cation: the chairs on the patio are far to low to the ground, so tall people beware!

All in all, I take people there all the time and 9/10 people enjoy it immensely. It's worth heading north of Bloor for!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Crystal R

Muskoka District, Canada
“Getting old...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Rosedale Diner is an longtime staple for locals and visitors to this area of TO, but time is taking its toll. Interior looks dated and slightly dingy. Service is OK and relaxed, but this is a real diner, so do not expect anything above and beyond. Food was a let down. Greasy fries and sloppy eggs... Disappointing I guess is the most diplomatic thing to tell potential diners.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank DecoDoppler
Hamilton, Canada
“Loved the food and the atmosphere”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for the first time. I loved the atmosphere-- equal parts diner, bistro and college-living-room. It was warm, friendly, and fun. Probably a little noisy for a really special occasion, but we had a fantastic night! A great place for a date. Reminded me of the bistros I used to go to in Montreal.
I had the duck confit: excellently prepared with crispy skin and a slightly sweet demiglaze which perfectly complemented the duck. The veggies that came with it were also excellent. My husband tried the sticky asian pork ribs. These were also really excellent, and the frites were great (skinny fries, looked hand-cut, crispy and perfect). Large portions (we took some home) and wonderful service (attentive and friendly). We would recommend getting a bottle of the Primitivo Puglia -- it was a great fruit-forward medium-bodied red wine that paired well with the slightly sweet sauces on both our meals, and was one of the most reasonable wines on their list.

Overall: really enjoyed the meal, the service and the decor/atmosphere. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

One of my favourite Toronto restaurants. Its worth driving north of bloor for this place. Free parking on the sides streets. Great steak and frites. Love the spinach side too. One of the best mojito's I have had in the city. Highly recommend stopping in here.

• Visited September 2012
toronto, Ontario
“Great burger”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I had dinner at the Rosedale Diner on August 26, 2012. We had the lamb burger ,the beef burger and the crispy skinned salmon. Everyone was very pleased with choices. Our server, Matt, was polite and very helpful. He introduced us to a great, well priced Ontario rose called Ladybug. Theatio was charming. Would definitely return.

• Visited August 2012