“What a nice place to eat see dishes !”

Rodney's Oyster House
Ranked #10 of 8,938 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Rodney Clark has been offering oysters to the masses in Toronto since 1987. Our selection changes daily, but we carry on average 12-18 different varieties from around the world. We also strive to offer the finest in fresh seafood, sourced from sustainable fisheries - as we work primarily with fresh product, you'll have to come down and see what's coming through our doors this week.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to "Rodney's Oyster House" for our 2nd evening in Toronto (on the advise of a friend) and we had a very nice time ! The fact that the place was crowded on a Monday evening was a good sign. The place is very well decorated and our waitress was lovely and very helpful. We took 3 starters (5 oysters, 1 salad and 1 clams tomato soup) and 2 times the same main course (scallops with spinaches, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms). Each dish was delightful and tasty. We definitely liked this place !! Total for 2 with tips: USD 120.00.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I went with a couple of my friends without reservation, but we were seated right away
probably because it was weekday evening. Our wait staff (Sean) was very friendly and helpful,
and the food was all excellent! Though I would've loved it if the ceviche was a bit larger portion.

We had English Clam Chowder, Smoker's Platter, Oysters ( I love Kumamoto),
Fundy Scallops and Pasta with plenty of Scallops. I enjoyed them all!

With great food and great service, we all had a great time, we will definitely go back again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

At least once a month I visit my favourite oyster bar in Toronto. There are stairs leading to the basement at the side of the building at 469 King St. West (just west of Spadina). They have amazing lunch deals everyday for $10, including a lobster roll. Lots of other fresh seafood is available and the market prices change frequently. Of course I come here for the Oysters. Usually around 15 different choices of Oysters from around the world. Prices for these also vary but are basically in between 2-4 dollars each. If you are not sure what you would like, ask your server for a mixture of types, and they will explain the differences for you. Rodneys cultivate their own in PEI and these are my favourite. Ask for the house white wine ($40 a bottle) to go with them, or as I usually do, a pint of Guinness. I used to enjoy the restaurant area more then the bar. Unfortunately, there have been a few high pitch screaming kids my last few visits here. So far the bar area seems to be safe from this. The servers here are top notch and extremely knowledgeable. Always a great overall experience here. Although I do cry a little bit when my usually hefty bill arrives.

1  Thank SimonYYZ
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were seated at the bar--the oyster bar--did not have a table reservation but actually turned out to be better than a regular table. This place has many varieties of raw oysters. You pick your variety, and at the bar they shuck them right in front of you. The oysters are served with freshly grated horseradish root, lemon and a variety of sauces.

The shuckers/wait staff are young, inked, pierced and friendly. The oysters were some of the best we've ever had--we are glad we tried this place.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Fresh oyster appies followed by a shared order of mussels and a bottle of wine. Casual, comfortable, delicious. We'll be back - in Vancouver.