“Bad mother Shucker”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Rodney Clark has been offering oysters to the masses in Toronto since 1987. Our selection changes daily, but we carry on average 12-18 different varieties from around the world. We also strive to offer the finest in fresh seafood, sourced from sustainable fisheries - as we work primarily with fresh product, you'll have to come down and see what's coming through our doors this week.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great Oyster Bar? Nope, best in the city.

I always have a blast when I head down there. I usually get my Oyster fix at Oca Nera In Woodbridge but its always a treat to drop by Rodney's when I am in Toronto with my Oyster eating crew.

The service is always relaxed and friendly which always takes me back to my travels in Halifax NS.

Drop by just for an oyster or 2.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you love oysters and seafood, this is the place to go. It's very laid back and casual, not necessarily cheap, but worth it, because the waiters are cool and knowledgeable and the seafood is fresh.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great selection of Oysters, knowledgeable staff and relaxed atmosphere. Located in the middle of King W. stretch of restaurants.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you love oysters this is the place. No fewer than 15 different styles on the menu. 3 of which are from Rodney's own PEI oyster farm. I recommend you start out with 1 dozen comprised of 6 different styles, flip the shells on the ones you like and then get more!!!
They are so fresh it's as if they where in the ocean that morning....[they actually were]. The oysters are served with 10 different sauce options. They are so good you may not need any of them.
We got to meet Rodney himself which made the visit even better, he stopped by the table and ended up giving us a rundown on all things oyster. We got him to autograph a menu for us, it was like meeting a celebrity chef.
Go early if you are going in the winter as the place seems to fill up by 5:30/6:00pm. The actual restaurant atmosphere was a plus as well, really clean looking and smelling.
I would go back to Toronto just to visit this restaurant. My hats off to Rodney and the staff.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have been there more than 5 times over the past 10 years. Whenever I visit Totonto, I will go there. This time round, still the same kind of happy go easy feeling, relaxed. Yet food is always good. Oysters always fresh. Their daily specials are always fresh. This time I have the snapper & it tasted better than I've expected. I will go back whenever I can! Love this restaurant!