“Definitely recommend and would go again”

Rodney's Oyster House
Ranked #8 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Rodney Clark has been offering oysters to the masses in Toronto since 1987. Our selection changes daily, but we carry on average 12-18 different varieties from around the world. We also strive to offer the finest in fresh seafood, sourced from sustainable fisheries - as we work primarily with fresh product, you'll have to come down and see what's coming through our doors this week.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Rodneys after reading good reviews, and we won’t let down. The restaurant itself is very nice, the tables aren’t packed in and we had a great table. For starters we had a mix of Oysters, all from different areas and you could definitely tell the difference in the areas! We then had one of the soups which wasn’t great to be honest, but I think we just made a bad choice on that. Then for mains I had the Nice Fundy Scallops which were very good, and my girlfriend had the Lobster which was also excellent the only thing it was missing was some garlic butter for dipping but a minor point.
Overall the service was very good, not a cheap dinner but definitely one we’d recommend and would go again if in the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rathe rnew to oyster tasting so we were looking forward to Rodney's , deemed by Gourmet as best oyster bar -hmmm. Place is rather tired looking. Waitress slapped down two sad looking piece sof bread. Rodney's knows oysters- lots to choose from but this place suffers from wait staff lethargy. We were told they would explain the oysters to us- not really I had to ask every single question. No excuse - hardly anyone in the place at the time. Disappointing. Probably won't go back.

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Was passing by on my way to an appointment and had found memories of the old location from many years ago. Decided to do lunch.

Filled with a mostly male business crowd the atmosphere seem a bit dated. But as soon as I sat at the bar i was greeted and given an update on what oysters were in season. I left myself in the hands of the shucker and was not disappointed. I ordered a half dozen and he provided 3 different types of oysters, all incredibly fresh! Each had a different flavour and texture all were delicious.

The Manhattan Clam Chowder was good, but nothing special. Miss the days when they made their soups right at the bat. The Oyster Po Boy was another hit. Large deep fried oysters, lots of interesting toppings on a fresh bun. Side salad and nice fresh draught were great accompaniments.

The $42 dollar bill was a bit much for lunch considering I only had a half pint, but I went out to try everything and enjoyed myself. Not the place that used to be the best restaurant in Toronto anymore, but certainly a great place for oysters and beer.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Amazing oysters and fresh seafood, great service, and the best homemade pumpkin pie I have ever tasted! The servers are fantastic-ask for their recommendations and you will be very happy...

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The best Oysters on the planet get schucked at Rodney's!! Ambience is great for a date, business meeting or party. Expect to wait to get served- even in a Wednesday. We had to wait 20 minutes not because they didn't have seats but because they are short staffed.
You forget about the hassle once you are in and enjoy.

1  Thank JaysonC1974