“just what we needed”

Portico Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Portico Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #454 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Victoria Street
Description: Step into a world of luxurious decor, gourmet cuisine, and welcoming service at Portico -- a tantalizing downtown Toronto restaurant. Lose yourself in a brilliant atmosphere of wood finishings, bronze mirrors, and plush furniture. Join us on a global culinary journey -- an enticing and intriguing fusion menu showcasing elements of Italian fare. All our offerings are freshly prepared daily, reflecting the season"s bounty. Whether you seek a power lunch, or a superb dining experience, this great downtown Toronto restaurant will delight and inspire you.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My hubby and I went here for our one year anniversary of being married. We wanted something fancy-ish to mark the occasion, but not tooooo over the top that we felt out of place and not comfortable. This was the perfect choice. We started with the crab cake (although nice and moist, it was too bland for my husband) and also the spring rolls (good but not the wow factor we wanted.. but still good) For our mains I got the lamb and Dave got the hen. Both had incredible flavour and portions were filling enough for both of us who came with big appetites. My husband is a great chef at home, and is not really impressed by typical restaurant food. He really did enjoy the hen, and was thoroughly satisfied. My lamb was really great! I am a huge lamb fan, and they were done perfectly (tasted like it was charcoal cooked!?) so tender and tasty with an amazing whipped white bean! Just beautifully put together. Service was great, no rudeness or attitude, and just overall very friendly and accommodating. We will for sure be back, as we really enjoyed it. The bill came out to be the same as when my girlfriend and I went to milestones for dinner. It was about 115 for our meals plus a glass of shiraz i had. Very reasonable. You should go!!

1  Thank paradisebound416

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Delicious food and beautiful presentation. Service was very attentive and friendly. We had a wonderful evening and would definitely make another visit when we are visiting Toronto.

1  Thank Rainzee
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed in the hotel and ate in the Lounge one night. Very good service, tasty food, huge helpings and good value. Good wine choice too.

1  Thank rossroy
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had the daily special of halibut with shrips wrapped in procuittto with a pineapple salsa on a generous asparagus and beans bed cooked to perfection accompanied with a saffron rice. The chicken curry coconut soup as appetizer was outstanding. Atmospere is "branché" but jazzy in the back ground quiet, the service is impeccable. The waiter welcomed us with a water pitcher flavoured with strawberries, mint and oranges.
We had New Zealand sauvignon, it was a very good match!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

liked the asian influence of the food, although not totally asian. crab cakes very good. service person was friendly and efficient