“Lack of good service!! They ignored!”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #935 of 8,576 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Lack of good service!! They ignored!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

It was just the second time for me having food here but not my husband. We decided to come here bcoz I thought seafood here is good.
We grabbed cocktails before starting our dinner. My husband did order Shrimp Caesar, I was not ready at that time. The server just took the order..she didn't say thing or recommend me anything. When she came back, I ordered Bahama cocktail. It was good though but felt like alcohol was less than it mentions. (I'm sensitive with alcohol)
Salad came, was normal taste but the BISCUIT was great! Next, our main dishes, were ok. We got the combination of lobster, crab (difficult to eat much), breaded shrimp and butter shrimp, it was just ok for me...Another dish was rainbow trout with lemon butter, I like this one!
Everything seemed good except the service. I asked our waitress for more sauce during we were having our food. She was disappeared from our tables. Forgot! or IGNORED! or both!!!! I didn't call her anymore bcoz I didn't see her was too busy to come to check us gain. I saw her around there many times but she didn't even come to check us (as i thought..bcoz I got the feeling that she didn't care about serving us) till we finished!!
She grabbed us the bill then gone again! I saw her when we were leaving. I was sure she saw us but she said nothing, acted like we were not there.
Thank you for your ignorance to that old lady. We gave u tips bcoz u might need it and hope u could improve yourself..and really hope the restaurant could have some more lively servers who are good at service.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
“Good menu spread for sea lovers and helpful service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The restaurant area has lots of space so waiting time will not be a problem as there are plenty of seats. The food is typical like all Red Lobsters. The service was friendly and the server was very helpful with providing explanation about food choices and selection. (I feel a server should have knowledge of what is being served/taste/flovour/combinations) and at Red Lobster this is never a problem. The meal was good- but when you compare it to the price especilaly for a little bit better/upscale restaurant - then the food starts looking a little pricier. As always their biscuits are great and there is no cap on how many you can eat. I ordered a rainbow trout grilled - and it was grilled to perfection - holding on to all its juices and crispier from outside.
I would recommed this place, if you want to play safe at reasonable price.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“The good and the bad...”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love going here on aniversaries with my boyfriend. We always get a ton of those biscuits to take home... so addictive! The only thing I don't like is the price... I have a hard time believing two skewers of shrimp costs $18. I've twice ordered the steak/shrimp combo which I loved, and I more recently ordered the garlic grilled shrimp which I didn't like that much. Nothing really special about it, except maybe the calorie content. I hate their salads, and wish I didn't have to order one before every meal... I don't like wasting food!

Visited September 2012
Wales
“Tasty and fairly attentive!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Despite not taking reservations, a group of 9 of us thought we'd try our luck getting a table at 7pm. We were given a 15 min estimate but, as the table we were waiting for to leave took their time, this escalated into 35 minutes. However during this time the manager was nothing but attentive, ensuring we all had drinks and biscuits to keep us going until we finally sat down. For the inconvenience, the manager threw in free appetisers which was most appreciated and continued to check in every so often to ensure the rest of our night went smoothly. Food was tasty and filling as always, with the endless shrimp always a surefire winner in our books.

“Won't be back!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Haven't been to Red Lobster for like 15 years...and now I know why it has no pull on me and my old and new friends...Called the resto on Tuesday, to make a reservation, and the phone was answered by "not so friendly" guy, who said that they do not take reservations. Fine.

13 ladies and 9 are visiting from another continent...got there at 6:30pm last Friday...was told to wait 10-15 mintues, which seems a long time, as the place was not BUSY at all...i thought, hmmm, putting about 3 to 4 tables shouldn't take that long...about after 10 mins. a server asked us if the rest of the party are coming soon (there was only 4 of us at this point), and we go "yes, soon"...the server said, "because we cannot give you the table unless at least 1/2 of the party's here, as we cannot hold the tables...WHY on earth not, when we got there early to avoid the crowd! what happens to first come, first served...

just before 7, we were seated and the rest of our party came...all of decided to have the $17.99 special, were you get soup, salad, entree and dessert...no one was really digging the "lobster" so, that's fine, they offer shrimps and chicken among other choices...

the guy waiter was fine, a bit aloof but not rude...while the female (older) server was rude! her overall treatment to us is not pleasing and pleasant...but we observed she was fine with the other patrons...RUDE! we were going to pay on separate tabs, and when a couple of our friends switched chairs to chit-chat with the others, the female server became irritated and just shoved the desserts on the table and said, "you guys switched seats, now we don't know which is which"...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD lady...your restaurant is NOT school...she almost threw the desserts on the table...

the FOOD was laden with butter and was too heavy, too greasy, too salty...almost all of us did not finish our entree...it's shrimps, chicken, pasta --- but very mediocre! very fast-food, we have nothing to boast about their food...yes, we did not have lobsters, but who cares --- it's boiled lobsters that you dip in butter (more butter, butter-galore)! the biscuits which was their signature "freebie" was not mind blowing - as it used to be...and we did not get a refill, but the other patrons did...

the mixed drinks, like Bahama Mama, Mango Daiquiri, and all those colourfuls drinks are SOOO SWEET, you feel an onset of diabetes! it was gross and priced at $7.99?! I'd rather have 7/11's Slurpee's! do not order their drinks...whoever is the bartender at this location, only knows how to put the syrups and sugar and colour...ew!

the desserts are soooo sweet and store bought...I have nothing good to say about this Red Lobster branch ---- so mediocre! It's a tourist spot, tourist who are 1st time visitors in Toronto, and to this Red Lobster and will NOT come back again! EVER!

• Visited August 2012