“Love this place!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Who loves guacamole? This place has the best guacamole i've ever had (unless my wife is reading this then it's hers lol). Seriously now. The atmosphere is sweet, the food is spectactular and if you walk away hungry then its your own fault because between the chips with salsa and guacamole, your starter and then your meal, you're gonna be full.

Toronto
“Seriously?? This is #1 Mex Food in Toronto, so sad!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went with the family yesterday, after reading the great reviews, expectations were high!
What a disappointment.

The service was slow, the staff was scrambling to serve all the tables, you could see people waiting for food, for bills, for drinks, etc. It took them about 10 mins to bring us the menus and more than 20 mins for our entrees.
They were friendly people, but slow.

Food was mediocre at its best. The Pollo Poblano tasted artificial, like packaged food. Very salty and poorly seasoned. The Carne Diablo tasted good thanks to the charbroiled process, but the sauce that went with it was bland. Speaking of bland, the pico de gallo they gave was horrible, watery and tasted like water , no seasoning whatsoever, let alone the refried tortillas chips. They were hard and seemed to be fried and re-fried.

If this is the best Mexican restaurant, we are in a very sorry situation downhere.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank LavanderiaChina
laCrescenta, Cal
“Best mexican food we found in Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were in Toronto last month and had a groupon for Rancho Relaxo. It really was the best place we have found for mexican food in Canada (we are from So. California). We were alittle afraid when we saw the outside of the place. But when you step thur the door its like another world. The food, drinks, and service were 5+. We will return next time we are in toronto...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank rlyans
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We ate here on a Thursday night recently on a trip to Toronto. The server was very good, the food was excellent, the portions were large and the prices are very reasonable. Next time we are in Toronto we will definitely go again. I had 2 pints, an entree, wife had a margarita, entree and we had a side of guacamole to start with the complimentary chips and salsa, with tip under $60. This is a hidden hole in the wall gem.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Robin B
Toronto
“Good Mexican flavor ... low quality food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Often I got the question about a good Mexican restaurant in Toronto, so I am in my quest of it. It was the turn of Rancho Relaxo since it was the first in the rank in Trip Advisor, so I convinced my wife to visit it. I have to say that we are Canadian-Mexicans and we know very well the Mexican food. The restaurant have a humble Mexican decoration inside, nothing fancy but is is clean and nice. The waitress was really kind providing a good service and the food came after a reasonable waiting time. I had Enchiladas Suizas which looked and tasted good. The original Mexican Enchiladas Suizas should be filled only with Chicken and nothing else, however the restaurant, to low the cost, decided to filled more with onion and red peppers than chicken. One side of my Enchilada Suiza was poblano rice which was superb, with poblano pepper. My son had Quesadillas which were pretty standard. His Margarita was from a can. In conclusion, nothing spectacular to return for.

• Visited August 2012