“Wonderful Pasta”

Neighborhood: West End
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Pasta”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were confused with the name of the restaurant (should of had coffee too I guess). Dynamite pasta and really good salads. We need to go back and try some of the entrees. Incredibly fresh pasta and ingredients. We had Penne a la vodka with green peas (red onion and delicious roughly cut pancetta) and a great Penne arrabiata with jalapeno peppers. Try these. They are large portions. Look for the specials. Very good prices and excellent staff.

• Visited April 2013

Whitby, Canada
“Butternut squash ravioli - best ever!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed lunch at Queen's Pasta Cafe on the day we checked out of The Old Mill Inn. It is a lovely little spot amidst many other lovely choices but we were very happy we selected this cafe. My husband had the butternut squash ravioli, a dish he generally loves and chooses frequently at other places, and he declared that the Queen's Pasta Cafe made the best he's ever had. I was too busy with my grilled chicken linguine in sun-dried tomato cream sauce to give the ravioli a taste. Our pastas were available in lovely-sized lunch portions and we are so happy that we stumbled upon this gem.

Visited March 2013
Toronto
“Always great”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My latest visit was as good as always. Penne Carbonara was absolutely superb and the service, as usual, was efficient while at the same time informal...a great combo. This place is very enduring and having visited their facility over on Royal York, I can highly recommend their fresh pasta dishes for your home fridge.

• Visited January 2013
“Wonderful Neighbourhood Restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was there recently for a meeting in the upstairs room for private function. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. We had three choices of main course meals to chose from. I chose the osso bucco. Maybe not the best choice from a cafe that has the word pasta in the title. I have to say it was one of the very best I have had. Tender, fell off the bone with a great finish of marrow. There were very favourable comments about the pasta dishes all around.

Have to say I have been to this restaurant in the past but the food has improved from what I remember. Overall a great recommendation for anyone wanted to dine in the downstairs main restaurant or for private functions upstairs. Portions are generous and good value for the money. This was a pleasant surprise and will go back.

• Visited January 2013
Heidelberg
“Excellent food and value”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Fresh pasta with quality seasoning at a great price is a perfect combination. This restaurant has an upclass feel despite its reasonable prices. It also features a great patio in warmer months.

You can't go wrong here!

Visited November 2012