“A pleasant evening out”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Parliament
Description: Pure Spirits Oyster House and Grill located in the Historic Distillery District offers both indoor dining as well as patio dining where visitors can take in the beautiful Victorian Industrial Architecture. We are well known as the best fresh seafood restaurant in Toronto. Pure Spirits is proud to serve a selection of oysters from both the East and West coasts of Canada as well as unique offerings from abroad. Casual dining attire and a love of great food is required. Our friendly staff are trained to guide you through our extensive selction of local beers and wine that match perfectly with our menu. Whether on a schedule to visit the spa, the theatre or the local art galleries we are geared to get you out on time or offer a relaxing extended stay on the patio to enjoy the sites. Pure Spirits is a must visit spot in the City of Toronto.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We enjoyed a pleasant evening out with our son and daughter-in-law during their brief visit to Toronto. The fresh Nova Scotia lobster Pappardelle with black truffle cream sauce was just as tasty as I remember from a previous time and the black cod & crab Paella was a hit as well. My wife liked her beef tenderloin, especially the crunchy seasonal vegetables and well executed fingerling potatoes. The Zinck Reisling from France went well with the oysters and was a cut above the Niagara Meglo Reisling that followed when it turned out that a second bottle of Zinck was not available.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I will keep this review very short. The hostess had her back turned to the door when we entered...off to a great start. A young man came by our table to fill our water glasses, no waiter appeared to take our drink orders. The same young man later returned about 15 minutes later asking to take our dinner orders? What ever happened to "hello, my name is so and so and I will be your waiter this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink". He simply came to the table and said "are you ready to order or do you need more time". The food was mediocre, nothing special.. The warm dinner rolls were the highlight of the meal. I think that just about says it all.

1  Thank travelmesane
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Black Cod & Crab: 1 1/2 " square of cod with a 1/2 teaspoon of crab strings; 2 small fingernail-sized 'bay scallops' no squid' no saffron....on a mound of - not rice -but indeterminate 'risotto'. Beside my wife's dried out roast chicken there was to be risotto; she asked for a salad instead - that's how they decided to put it in my bowl. Her brussel sprout & from-the-jar artichoke mix was bitter and awful.
We would have raised the roof but we were late for our play down the road.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great seafood menu with good list of oysters to choose from. This is a quieter option to dining in the Distillery District. Love the atmosphere ..great service and have not had a bad night here

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I went here to celebrate my engagement back in June 2013 and was not impressed with the service. The waiter didn't make good recommendations when I asked what are the most popular dishes. The dessert was not very good and his recommendations were not good. He didn't to ask me if I liked the food or not and didn't seem to care as they were busy. I told him that I didn't like my food and the dessert was way too sweet, one of the worst I have had which he recommended. He said everything on the menu was good. He didn't bother to suggest another dish or dessert as an alternative like the other restaurants that I have been to and didn't bother to ask if I want those bad dishes removed from the bill. I should have demanded him to change my entree and dessert to something else. Usually at the other restaurants that I have been to where I complain that the food sucks. They would ask to change the dish to something else or remove it from my bill since I barely touched it or ate it. The food is not good here anymore. The service and food used to be way better back a few years ago. When I said the food was not good, the waiter defended himself and said he thinks the food is good. Overall it was a mistake coming her to celebrate an engagement. I should have gone to a better restaurant with better service such as the ones from Oliver and Bonnacini such as Biff's Bistro instead. I would never go back to this place. The only thing that is good here is oysters, that's it! Everything else sucks. Don't try their dessert (creme brule) and seafood (octopus)...It was crap! We spent $200 for 2 of us here and it was a waste of money!

2  Thank Love2Travel4Ever2088