“With just a bit more attention...”

Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Pure Spirits Oyster House & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Parliament
Description: Pure Spirits Oyster House and Grill located in the Historic Distillery District offers both indoor dining as well as patio dining where visitors can take in the beautiful Victorian Industrial Architecture. We are well known as the best fresh seafood restaurant in Toronto. Pure Spirits is proud to serve a selection of oysters from both the East and West coasts of Canada as well as unique offerings from abroad. Casual dining attire and a love of great food is required. Our friendly staff are trained to guide you through our extensive selction of local beers and wine that match perfectly with our menu. Whether on a schedule to visit the spa, the theatre or the local art galleries we are geared to get you out on time or offer a relaxing extended stay on the patio to enjoy the sites. Pure Spirits is a must visit spot in the City of Toronto.
Bologna, Italy
“With just a bit more attention...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I needed some comfort on a cold and rainy day, and I decided to have lunch here event if it's a bit more expensive than my usual fare. The place is nice, and the service was courteous and quick. I had a clam chowder and a cod served over paella. Both were very good, I was just disappointed to feel that the main course ingredients varied to almost cold to very hot, as if badly heated in a microwave. It was a pity, since the taste was excellent. Good selection of wines, but I can't get on with the prices (here as well as in many other restaurants).

Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
Montreal, Canada
“Simply delicious”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The ambiance was perfect, waiters where friendly, professional and attentive.
Food was fresh, inventive, and tasteful. Some of the best selection of oysters I have seen in a while.There’s something for everyone, even those that don't like seafood. You should also try the sake selection.
Will be returning and highly recommend you go!

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We dined at Pure Spirits last night with another couple. The food is absolutely amazing! Very knowledgable server who really knew her dishes! She selected both my appetizer (Chinese Black Bean mussels - AMAZING garlicy goodness!) and my main (Nova Scotian Lobster Pappardelle - to die for!!). My husband dined on Blue Swimmer Crab Cake and a main of perfectly cooked Halibut. Our companions tried the Ahi Tuna Tartar, Oyster bar, Steak, and Paella. Everything was amazing! The atmosphere was the perfect vibe. We will certainly be back!

• Visited October 2012
“The Hostess is so rude!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We got in for a drink, the place is empty. My boyfriend ask the hostess if we can sit at the bar, but same time I say I'd prefer a table. The waiter asks if we were gonna have food, we say no. So she replies, with the snobbiest face: "so you're sitting at the bar". She could as well put the "honey" in the end of her phrase. The place is empty!! I wanted to leave, and couldn't be comfortable there until we finished our drinks. My boyfriend actually decided he could eat, but we decided to go somewhere else. Sorry, this text was supposed to be to the company's website, but couldnt find anywhere to complain, so trip advisor it is! In the hope the restaurants owner can see this review.

London, United Kingdom
“Good Oysters”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good restaurant in a nice area. Great beer, wine and food - the oysters were excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. I will definitely return.

• Visited October 2012