“Disgusting Joke”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This is the Pumpernickels in the Mars building. They are very rude to start with but I was tempted by the custom sandwichs. The servers were very rough trying to pretend they are so busy with all their good service! but I went ahead and ordered what I wanted even though I noted how horrible my server was. She acted as if it was a huge burden for her to complete my order - the attitude continued to be disgusting. I get my custom made , $8.00 plus sandwich and they put in some avocado slices that were like hard plastic - inedible but I guess they figured they can shove a sandwich into someone's hand and get their money and that's all they have to do. After saving the plastic avocado bits I brought it back and true to form - they were disgusting! He tried to put it back on me - 'that is avocado!' he shouted into my face as if it was my fault he served me hard plastic. There were other customers so he had to make me look bad! As if I was not proper to return the garbage he served me.
There is no satisfaction there - thats for sure. Do not go there and even if you think it looks good - never patronize a place that serves its customers garbage and then insults them - please go somewhere else! This place does not deserve to be in business.
Double disgusting.