“Good time - don't be fooled by strip mall location”

Prince Japanese Steak House
Ranked #313 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good time - don't be fooled by strip mall location”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a business dinner here. It was a good time. The chef could tell that we were really into our conversation and toned down the hibachi show routine. The food was good and the wine selection was fine. It was expensive, but not out of line for other hibachi type places.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing sushi and always consistent”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Eaten here over 30 times for lunch. Always go back because is fresh, consistent and people are very nice.

Barrie, Canada
“Excellent Food & Prompt Service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We enjoyed sushi, tempura, cocktails, and dessert at the Prince. The food quality, portions, and presentation was excellent. The prices are reasonable for regular seating too; $85 for the two of us including tip. The restaurant is clean with modern decor and was located within walking distance from our hotel. There are two very large teppanyaki tables that looked like fun but are much pricier and less quiet for a couple. The servers aren't overly friendly but are prompt.

We would return and recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, fast and excellent taste”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

December 31, 2012 went here for lunch. Was my first time at the Prince. You had a choice of regular tables or sitting at the teppaniaki grill. Would have loved to do that as it was my first time but sitting at regular tables makes it easier to chat. They even have private rooms!! Service was very good and this was a company holiday luncheon and not everyone arrived at the same time. Every meal was served with a small garden salad, and Japenese soup which was excellent (no spoons you drink it out of the bowl). I had the chicken teriyaki which was excellent and served with rice, two pieces of sushi and 3 pieces of fried, battered veggies (I think). Don't really know what it was but it was excellent. Had to ask for a fork though as I could not get my fingers to work the chop sticks properly. Excellent portions and very nicely presented on dishes as only the Asians can do. My boss asked me if I wanted to try their crazy ice cream?? Had no idea what it was and I was very full. They brought each of us a small scoop so we could try it ... was fabulous ... some sort of green tea ice cream. Had a texture and flavor I have never had before but it was delicious. It actually helps calm a full stomach. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves sushi and Asian food. I will definitely be back :) I would recommend making a reservation however as it fulled up very fast.

• Visited December 2012
pa
“Teppan style and bento boxes”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

When we entered there was a lineup of customers waiting. Luckily we came after 1 so it moved real quick.
Prince Japanese steakhouse has 2 areas- the teppan tables where they cook in front out you with some chef action/humor and the regular where you order from a menu. We tried the teppan table and had to wait before the table was filled before the chef came in. The lunch special included miso soup, salad. Had the steak, others had the chicken and salmon. Fried rice is extra $ 2.50, I think. It's worth it since it was very good. Lunchtime portions are smaller, so we still ordered tempura for appetizers. Steak, chicken was served with teppan cooked veggies, tasty as well.

• Visited December 2012