“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Concierge recommended this place. Nice dining experience. Had lunch here with a friend while on a recent business trip. Food was delicious and the service was very good.

There are newer reviews for Pearl Harbourfront Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed October 6, 2013

On top of a great view, especially in the summer, Pearl serves some of the best dim sum in Toronto. That said, the prices reflect that quality.

Expect to spend at least $50 for two average appetites at lunch hour dim sum.

Can get busy around the noon hour, so might be worth calling ahead for a table, especially if you'd prefer the lower section along he windows with nice views of the lake.

1  Thank Beach_Addicts
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I love to try different restaurants so we wanted to try out this Chinese restaurant since it won the Certificate of Excellence 2013 from Tripadvisor, even though I read some bad reviews about this place.

I deeply regretted this decision. We have never had such terrible customer service from any restaurants before. Even though we made reservation for 7pm for a Saturday night, we still had to wait for 30 minutes before we were seated. When our waiter came to our table, he wasn't friendly at all, but that was fine with us, since we were hungry and just wanted to order. We ordered a spicy seafood hot and sour soup, a seafood fish maw soup , a Cantonese chow mein, egg plant in spicy sauce, braised tofu and vegetables and a bowl of rice.

After literally another 30 minutes of waiting, our soup finally came. At that particular time, I had noticed that another couple who were seated about 15 minutes after us also got their food at the same time. I thought oh, how come their food came so quickly??? But like I said, we were starving by this time and were happy to try out our soup. Neither soups were to die for, the spicy soup wasn't spicy at all, just a regular hot and sour soup; and the fish maw soup was a bit bland. Within a few minutes, the waiter took the soup bowls away. We thought since we finished our appetizers, that the entrees would arrive soon. hmmmm. Another 20 minutes passes. How can they let us sit this long without letting us know whether our food was coming or if there was some sort of problem??? So My husband called the waiter and asked what was taking so long? The waiter "shrugged his shoulders!!!!" After that, he had the nerve to say to my husband "what do you want me to do about it!" Just about this time, again we noticed the couple who sat down after us just got served their second dish!!! My husband could not stand it any longer. And there was no point in talking to this rude, crude, and unfriendly waiter so he called for the manager to come over. My husband asked him why it was taking so long for our food to arrive when the other table got their food already. Miraculously our food arrives at our table during this confrontation. The manager's response to my husband's question was to shrug his shoulders just as the waiter had done. I thought this was not the appropriate reply coming from management. And then he said they were busy. Short and sweet "they were busy!!!!" So my husband said that he can not shrug him off just like that and demanded an apology. The next thing that came out of the manager's mouth was so shocking I thought I must have misheard it. But he repeated it again and again. He told my husband to "SHUT UP!!!"

At that moment, I could not listen to this nonsense from these workers anymore, so I told my husband I want to leave and that I would rather eat anywhere but here. We walked out of there feeling hungry and angry but it was better than being told to shut up even though we were paying for the food and the service!!! Without people coming to eat here, how do these people expect to get paid????

I just wanted to share our horrible experience at the restaurant and warn people of what they might be paying for.

4  Thank minh t
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having ordered the squid, I was indulging way too much in its tastiness when my wife said 'What is that?', pointing to the sky. On turning I counted no less than 900 Japanese Zeros divebombing us. In a sly move the Japanese had declared war by bombing the restaurant and the harbour into the sea. As a result, I didn't get the dessert I ordered, which was a very poor show by this otherwise faultless restaurant.

4  Thank James B
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant through group on and we loved it!!! After that we went many times and always liked everything about this place. If you love Tom yum soup then hands down I can say they have the best soup in town! The only thing I feel is sometimes when you order any beef or sea food dish there is less meat and more vegetables. I might sound cheap but then when you are paying more then any other restaurant then you would not expect them to act cheap too! Their helpings are pretty big, overall if you love Chinese and Thai food I highly recommend this restaurant. Not to forget they have the best view of harbour front!