“So nice to be pleasently surprised!!”

Penelope Restaurant
Ranked #486 of 8,641 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“So nice to be pleasently surprised!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We traveled through Toronto recently and enjoyed what the city had to offer us. After a day of exploring we looked for somewhere to have dinner. We found the Penelope on King Street West.
Pleasing entrance with courteous greetings at the door. After being seated we looked through the menu and decided on our dinner choices. Our 13 year old grand daughter was dinning with us and the staff were more than gracious in helping her chose something appropriate from the selection. This is without a doubt the speediest service that I have had the pleasure to experience. Our food arrived in what seemed to be less than 5 minutes. Both my wife and I had something recommended by the waitress. It was not only quick but was worth returning to Toronto for.
The overall experience was definitely positive in all respects from my perspective!
If you happen to be in the city and enjoy good quality Greek cuisine, polite friendly service from well informed staff and want to savor the experience of fine dinning at an affordable price stop here.
I would definitely recommend trying this spot to all who are interested.
Being in the entertainment district some of the other diners were dressed more formally than our party (summer wear, shorts and sport shirt) and I did detect a couple of glances that one could perceive as being questioning. But really at 4PM on a weekday I for one do not expect to dress formally for dinner, especially in the heat of summer.

• Visited September 2012

• Greek first
Pittsburgh
“Excellent Ethnic Restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I love the decor, I love the food. The waiters are very helpful and can answer any questions you may have about the Greek menu. We ate outside in the evening during our last visit. So relaxing and (finally) cool!

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dinner before Theater”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I were visiting from DC and we had tickets to go see Second City. We decided to hit this dinner spot before the show. We were quickly seating (Thursday night) without any reservations. The waiter was very attentive and humorous. The food was good and we were quickly served and able to make it to our destination on time.

No complaints. Great location, good food, great service.

• Visited August 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our meal was great. Great portions for the price. Not as kid friendly however was a great experience. Food was very good.

• Visited August 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good for theatre district”
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is in a great location for the theatre. The service is ok but a few more smiles and enthusiasm would not go a miss.

A reasonable choice of Greek food but be careful they are not too happy dealing with allergies! I had salad which was fine and tasty but perhaps not great value for money. The rest of the party had a variety of entrees however I am left baffled as to why they are all served with rice & roast potatoes! No one else could finish their meal which is no surprise.

Decor is lovely but I don't think we'll be back as who wants to pay for a meal you can only eat half of!