“Better than I thought it would be.”

Pantheon Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Despite having lived in the neighborhood for years, hadn't made it here. Wanted an outdoor casual cafe on a hot summer night so decided to give it a try. Started with an assortment of dips which were all good,especially the spicy hummus, but the bread could be better. My son enjoyed his souvlaki although the fries were very supermarket quality. My grilled squid on salad was excellent, marinated and tender squid on a tasty and fresh salad and the portion was huge. My husband's fried squid was ok. If you're looking for straight ahead Greek food at budget prices this is a good choice on the Danforth.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Of all restaurants...Anywhere!! I have been here on hot summer afternoons on the patio and watched the people go by; cold winter nights when the smells of Greece greet you at the door;
for the night before my wedding with a large group of friends old and new and when I can't go
to Pantheon I think of what I will have the next time I do!
This is authentic! The people, the food, the atmosphere, the music everything is OPA :-)

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ordered Pork and Chicken Souvlaki, and Moussaka. All the orders were generous in their size, and reasonably priced. The usual potato, rice etc were great too. Greek salad had lots of feta but a little short on the olives. While waiting, we were graciously served a variety of dips with our bread. That tided us over while waiting for fellow diners. Servers were friendly, efficient and attentive.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I enjoyed a lunch time meal at the Pantheon today with my significant other. We ordered the large souvlaki dinners (chicken and pork) - both were very tasty and of moderate portion for the price. We also ordered an appetizer of spanakotiropita (spinach and cheese pie), tasted great but appeared to be pan fried (why?). Service was great and timing was fantastic as we beat the lunch rush and were able to take our time and enjoy the ambiance. A good restaurant to visit on the Danforth if your looking for Greek Fare.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Trusted the good reviews and glad we did. Smiling, friendly service was a good start, the food was delicious. Generous portions and our kindly waiter gave us free, excellent dips as a starter. Had the saganaki, always a treat with the flames and the Opa! Fantastic grilled lamb chops for me, my guests loved their moussaka and grilled sausage with peppers and onions in s rich tomato sauce. A great intro to Toronto, The Danforth is a cool neighborhood. Took the subway there then walked back to Downtown to get a feel for this beautiful city.