“Never even got in”
Review of The One Eighty

The One Eighty
Ranked #949 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bay & Bloor/Manulife Centre
Transit: Located within walking distance from Yonge & Bloor Station, Bay Street Station, and Museum Station.
Description: The 51st floor of the Manulife Centre was redesigned and launched as The One Eighty in March 2015. The 3,000 square foot interior offers two of the highest rooftop patios in the country with an incredible view of the CN Tower and downtown Toronto. The restaurant offers a private room, showpiece bar that seats 14 with built-in DJ station and awe-inspiring 21 ft. ceilings with glossy white barrel-vaulted feature and wood beams. Menu highlights include Halibut Tacos, Crunchy Ramen Noodle Slaw, Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Waffles, Emerald Risotto and Beef Tenderloin. A unique feature of The One Eighty is the daily bar cart service. Small tapas-style savoury items priced $5-$9 to share among the table, varieties change daily so there's always something different to try. The One Eighty is also Open for Lunch on Fridays & Weekend Brunch beginning at 12noon. Brunch menu includes Brioche French Toast, Eggs Benedict & Pulled Pork Tostada. The One Eighty is available for private events from receptions & weddings, product launches, business conferences and corporate galas.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I made reservations online 10 days in advance. They told me they could not take reservations that far in advance and to call back closer the the date. I called back 4 days before the event and they me they were full and could not take our reservations for 10 people. They were very rude about it and told me there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to the manager; she was busy. She called back 2 hours later and told me there was nothing they could do and we should have made reservations sooner. The manager was more concerned about being right rather than working with us to accommodate our group of 10 people. We were only going for drinks after 10pm so I really did not see why they could not accommodate us.

We have since made arrangements elsewhere and will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

If I was the owner of this place, I would definatley look at how they are managing the business and read some of these reviews.

Very disappointed...

AM

1  Thank Al M

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I gave four circles to something that I recommend with several reservations. The food isn't bad - but it does not provide good value for the money. Chicken Lasagna for $21? But as a place to go in Toronto it is worth doing - the view is great - and it seems fancy enough. Beer is $10+ a Pint so it ain't cheap but if you can put that aside you will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I went there for a business dinner with a large group and the food was just average, nothing special. The view from both sides of the restaurant was really impressive though and we took a lot of photos. I wouldn't go back there for the food but it may be great to return for drinks to enjoy the view.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have been going to Panorama for years when I have friends visiting from out of town. The South view of the lake and the city is impressive, the food is good - not a lot of variety, the service also okay(not the fastest nor worst I have experienced), the cocktails are very good.
It is a good place to go, enjoy a drink and something to much on in a summer day before the sunset and have a couch or bed on the South patio.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Food is abysmal.....View is excellent.....service sucks......I don't know who's behind the counter here, but it was the wortst food in a city of bad food. I went looking for a hot dog stand after dinner.....My wife flew back to Australia the day after.....she went home hungry.