“Repeat Customers - YES!”

Pan on the Danforth
Ranked #194 of 9,121 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East End
Cross street: Carlaw Ave.
Transit: Pape (3 blocks west)
Description: Our mission is to offer creative food and a style of service that will make you feel welcome and special. We prepare our dishes with sensitivity and care and we hope that your visit to Pan will be a memorable one. Chris and Soula thank you for choosing Pan for your dining pleasures; where nobody is a stranger, they just haven"t met yet. Enjoy. OPA!
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I absolutely love this charming Mediterranean style restaurant. We drive 1 1/2 hours several times a year to visit and it is definitely 'worth the drive'. We love the atmosphere, the food and the staff. It never fails to impress, whether its a new wine offering, a different menu choice or the belly dancer. The owners are gracious and welcoming and we always leave feeling we have spent a wonderful evening with friends.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hubby and I went last night, not realizing this was a Mediterranean Restaurant. I am allergic to garlic, and generally most Mediterranean food has fresh garlic in it. The staff were amazing! I expressed my concerns when I placed my order, and our server made a great menu suggestion for me. She made sure the kitchen staff were aware this was an allergy, not just someone who dislikes garlic. My meal was absolutely amazing! I had the chicken souvlaki dinner, and they made sure to used a fresh breast as the skewers were all marinaded. The only unhappy thing is someone in the kitchen must have accidentally used a tool that wasn't clean as I was exposed to garlic somewhere on my dish and had to cut my night short so I could take care of my reaction. On the bright side, when we pointed out that I was exposed to garlic they were so upset the head-server/floor manager came over and kept asking if I needed a reactin and was I going to be alright to get home. I would definitely go back, but I think I'd do it on a week night instead of a Saturday. But, we were there for my friends surprise birthday party! What a surprise too! Her boyfriend proposed to her!!!

All in all, for my first visit to Pan, I definitely believe I will quite happily return the next time I am in Toronto!!!

Oh, I almost forgot!! They have a belly-dancer that was absolutely amazing!!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our reservation was on time and we were greeted and seated by friendly staff. We went with our daughter and her boyfriend who have been raving about the place. The night did not disappoint ! The starter of warm garlic flatbread and a trio of dips was tasty as was my chicken slovaki .The belly dancer was very interesting to watch and the music created a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere . I will return !

1  Thank Lizc004
Reviewed November 12, 2012

First time to this restaurant. Arrived twenty mins. early for our reservation and the place was packed [it was 6.30pm on a Saturday] but we were warmly greeted and seated immediately. Place was cosy and a little cramped but a lot of the restaurants around there are in small old buildings and it just adds to the ambience . Our table was on the 'upper level' which is only two steps up from the main floor. Service was attentive and quite quick considering they make everything from scratch and were obviously very busy . While we waited for the rest of our party we ordered the Taramasalata which they served to us with hot buttered pita. Our waiter was chatty and friendly and we were seated near to the two stools for the quitar players that started to play around 8-8.30pm. Our main courses were delicious also and we all had a very good evening. We had 2 appetizers, three beers, 1 soft drink , two entrees, two cappuccinos and our bill was just over $60 which we felt was very good value. The servings were a good size also, they didn't skimp on them.

The restaurant had belly dancers performing to the tables during the evening [ entertaining but the music from the speakers was really loud , so forget trying to have a conversation whilst they are dancing, BUT we were right under the speakers!!]

We would certainly go back to this restaurant again and tell our friends to go there also. Parking was not a hassle although we expected it would be.

PARKING: the restaurant is next door to a BMO bank which is on the corner. Drive up the road beside the bank . There are two green P parking lots right there but make sure you have change for the ticket machine.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went there for a friend's engagement dinner. The place didn't have enough seats for everyone so they made half of the guests wait by the door while raining outside. They even went as far as seating some of us and then coming and telling us that "No Those are not your seats!! You must get up!!"

Extremely rude and horrible service, I will never step into that place again.