“Even if you're not a legal beagle”

Osgoode Hall Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Osgoode Hall Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #494 of 8,938 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: At Osgoode Hall Restaurant, we emphasize the connection between the natural food from our land, the farmers that nourish and harvest it, and-ultimately-the people who enjoy it. Unpretentious, welcoming and accessible, our "farm-to-table" cuisine lets you experience spectacular seasonal ingredients, sourced locally from within 100km whenever possible. Our ultimate goal? To create a memorable and unique dining experience-for you and for each one of our guests.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Although I have had elegant dinners in this staturesque hall. this was my first luncheon there. I'd heard about their turkey dinner special so i was excited to try it; however, as it was slightly past one, only one portion remained so maybe liking the idea better than the thing itself, i demurred to my husband and ordered the three burritos. Maybe because it was the last piece, my husband was surprised that his piece was thickish and rather tough although the condiments were fine. He had started with potato-leek soup which I thought was a bit like glue. I ordered the burritos and they were phenomenal: goat cheese, squash, and I'm not sure what else combined in a crispy shell were out of this world. The salad that preceded was fresh and delicious, perfectly dressed and almost a meal in itself, The desert that accompanied the turkey was likewise amazing- gingerbread in several sauces. Truly outstanding. Known for its buttertarts, the food has a well deserved reputation. Just remind me to get there around 12 , not 1.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is Dickensian, the service attentive,the food always good within a range of limited choices and it has a private club chacacter. Hushed voices, old world charm and it is always interesting to speculate who the other guests are. A great choice as we approach the holiday season.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This little know secret should just stay this way - hidden away in an amazing heritage environment with great light lunches and a wonderful Dickensian environment - I always enjoy it!

1  Thank Angus C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's great spot in the old Osgoode library- I've spent some time in here, and it takes a bit of getting used to having lunch in this spot!

Lunch is served in a beautiful old-Toronto hall, typical of the ambitions that created East and West Hall at U of T. The service is fantastic- they're used to bringing steak-frites to Court of Appeal judges, so they're expecting thoughtful, well-behaved patrons, and offer the according respect and congeniality. A real gem, you're obviously welcome and fit in even if you're without court dress... but full robes might still catch an eye or two.

As for the food and drink-- Great steak frites, good club sandwich, and nice French white Sancerre, recommended by the staff. I keep coming back for it, and would bring my wife, mother, or even a buddy if he's European or should just get down here and try it.

1  Thank D F
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Osgoode Hall is one of those great secrets that every city has. Every day a handful of tables are set aside for the general public, while the lion's share go to the judges and lawyers who work in the Osgoode Hall complex. I've seen some people saying they were lucky to get in for lunch by just walking up, but to be safe, I would absolutely make a reservation - you'll be very disappointed if you show up and they have no room for you!

We had a feeling it would be special, and to say that it was is a gross understatement. The food prepared by Chef Adam Foley was quite extraordinary. For example, the trio of condiments that accompanied my salmon burger and frites included homemade ketchup! Who makes their own ketchup?! And it was wonderfully tasty - it had a very plummy flavor.

Before lunch, we had some time to explore the library and the main hall - beautiful architecture! The lunch room was also quite beautiful - eating in that excellent ambiance made me feel like a king!

1  Thank Charming_Karl