“they remembered me!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ORO Restaurant

ORO Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bay Street
Transit: ORO is located just north of Dundas station on the Yonge subway line.
Description: Each day ORO's creative team pushes the boundaries of the culinary imagination with appetizers, entrees and desserts prepared neo-Italian style but subtly accented with hints from around the world. Add to this an award-winning wine list and it's no surprise ORO was selected one of Canada's Top 10 Restaurants by the Globe and Mail soon after its 1997 opening. Private rooms available for meeting/special occasions.
Hanover, Canada
“they remembered me!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I ate here recently for the second time and despite not having been here for 6 months the waiter recognized my wife and I. I was very impressed, he even remembered what we had eaten so it was not a ruse. Again the food was delicious, the service was very impressive but not overbearing as some expensive restaurants can be. Starters and entrees for 2 was in the order of $100 with no alcohol or deserts, but it was well worth it. An extensive wine list and lots of good suggestions from the waiter as to what he recommended to eat. The decor is quiet and romantic.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We went there with a few friends, and every one loved the place! I had calamari as an starter and followed by seared cod, and I loved both. All my friends were happy with the food as well. A very beautiful lady served us and made the night memorable with her great personality. Keep up the good job!

Mooresville, North Carolina
“What a treat!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were in town for our daughter's art show; we were wandering the streets with no reservations when our luck landed us here! We were greeted by very nice hostess that was able to get is in. Our waiter was great and helped us pick out the best dishes. We ordered 2 plates each of fried chkn and tomatoes, ribs, fish tacos and truffle Mac and cheese for the 5 of us and it was plenty. We can not say which was the best it was that good! Only thing I would add is that I couldn't include names because I didn't see name tags so I wish to say it was great service and I will be dreaming of Oro until I can come back!!!:)

• Visited December 2013
Toronto
“Really good food, excellent presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I took some work associates out for lunch at Oro last week. I had eaten there years ago, and had a vague, good memory of the place, but it was my first time in probably 7-8 years. I was so pleasantly surprised. The room itself is beautiful. It was a cold early winter day, and they had a wood fire burning, providing a beautiful ambiance for a relaxing meal.

We did not have drinks with our meal (we all had to go back to work or drive somewhere), but we were served a basket of warm, fresh bread (an olive bread, and french loaf) to start.

I had the Grilled Romaine salad as a appetizer, and the mixed seafood platter for my main. The grilled Romaine was very tasty, and even though Romaine isn't my favourite, I would definitely have that again. The mixed seafood platter was 3 big scallops, 4-5 good sized shrimps, and seared Ahi on a bed of saffron risotto, all cooked to perfection.

The best meal I have ever had was seared Ahi while in Hawaii, and I usually avoid it because I have always been disappointed by it since. Not this time. It was perfectly cooked, and oh so tasty. Honestly, one of the best meals I can recall having anywhere.

1 Thank SunSeaker01
Toronto, Canada
“The Best Restaurant Experience ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was searching for an initimate, special restaurant to propose to my long time girlfriend. I had choosen ORO since the owners were so accomadating, they knew how much this evening meant and they went through all the measures to ensure it was perfect. The staff were very friendly and the food was abolsuletly delicious- great apps and great dinner! That evening we were greeted at the door by the owner, the staff ensured that we were well taken care of and the proposal left my Fiance speechless. Excellent all around, this is our new special place not just because we celebrated this special moment there but because of the whole experience from the candle light dinner, the cozy booths, the waiters and bartenders- the whole atmosphere is what we will definitly go back for. Thank you ORO for a perfect evening!