“A very pleasant dining experience and an ideal spot for a romantic or special occasion.”

Opus Restaurant On Prince
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus Restaurant On Prince is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European, International, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I had heard that Opus was a good place to go, and we were not disappointed.
We were warmly received by Mario and his team, and we very much enjoyed the food and the ambience. This is a top restaurant with a varied innovative and seasonal menu. My husband started with a delicious partridge followed by black cod. My lamb cutlets were deliciously cooked and the accompanying vegetables nicely cooked al dente. Puddings were tasty if not memorable. Opus is very centrally situated just off Bloor Street round the corner from the Hyatt and Intercontinental Hotels. It is not cheap, but we liked the buzz there, and the varied menu and would recommend it to anyone wanting to have good service, good food and a special night out. We certainly would return another time. The staff here know how to look after their guests.

2  Thank Reports

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Opus is a great high-end casual restaurant in Yorkville. It can definitely be used for formal dinning, but the crowd feels like wealthy locals out for dinner. Service is perfect. Menu is a little limited, but food quality is great (menu is available online). Wine list is extensive. They are known for foie gras ( although I didn't try it, the others in my group loved it). Try it on a cold fall/winter night.

2  Thank chammill
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went to Opus with a lot of my colleagues, and the dining experience was really superior. Food was great, wine was great, and service was really really good. prices on the high side, but expected for such quality.

Would anyday go back, also if I had to pay my self! :-)

3  Thank JeppeSJ
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The best quality ingredients, fabulous food, always consistent. The service is professional, friendly and entertaining. One of the best wine lists in the world. A Wine Spectator Grand Award winner for years. Great bar and the whole restaurant is like an elegant private club. Clearly the best in Canada. In my opinion...

4  Thank Leon C
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I cannot recall a better evening in years. New York and Washington are the cities I know best, but I have recently had fine dinners in in Tokyo and Shanghai too The beautifully lit dark room on a Friday night was populated but not full, and it was a decidedly grown-up crowd, not of businessmen talking shop but of people who clearly had been there often before and who felt at home. A murmur of happy talk around but nothing loud. Things felt familiar, and that is just right. The wine list is almost beyond belief, and the waiter led us very well to a light-yet fine selection that worked for the diverse palates of a vegetarian and a meat-eater. I found the service perfect and like that of New York's Gramercy Tavern where the relaxed shirt-sleeve elegance is just right for me too. Four or five friendly and knowledgeable servers treated us like valued frequent customers -- and it was our first time. No fresh kid named Todd or Keanu trying to drown my lamb dinner or rabbit appetizer in fresh pepper, but professional waiters who gauged our mood perfectly and pitched in a word at the right moment. The food was very good. Other restaurants have the main bit of fish or meat to one side, and vegetables, etc., and rice off to the other side. The chef, at least on Friday night, constructed my lamb as a concise formation of meat and vegetable and rice (I think). Tastes were still separate but very very check-by-jowl, and just maybe I would have preferred an island of something green off to the side a few inches. The room was intimate, sophisticated, nicely articulated into two sections -- the bigger tables over there, the smaller tables for us. The far right corner table we had must be the best in the house. Someone behind this operation has made a thousand good decisions. This is a place where you feel elegant and yet completely at home.

5  Thank JohnTycho