“Summerlicious menu”

Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,089 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Sheppard Avenue
Transit: Subway access - exit the Bayview stop on the Sheppard line.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Tried the summerlicious menu at Oliver and Bonacini. Once as a couple and another time with a group of office co-workers.

Overall great food, atmosphere and service.

Appetizers
WATERMELON & TOMATO GAZPACHO - 8.5/10 Serve cold, although you can taste the watermelon, the spicy tomato and red peppers come through as the main flavours. Excellent starter

ALBACORE TUNA TATAKI - 8.5/10 The tuna was marinated in lime based juice, I think. It was lightly seared, almost sashimi style. Dressing was unique. An excellent dish and a hit at our table.

Mains
BROILED ATLANTIC HADDOCK - 8/10 - Not much to say here, excellent dish.

SLOW-ROASTED ONTARIO PORK SHOULDER - 9/10, the pork was melt in your mouth tender and very tasty. We had about 4 orders of this at the table and the general consensus was excellent.

ONTARIO LAMB BURGER - 3.5/10 Very disappointing. When I ordered this dish I was expected an upscale version of burger and fries. What I got was an ordinary version burger with fries. The dish is poorly presented, the Goat cheese and dry lamb combination just didn't work for me, I could hardly taste any of the other ingredients. In the end, covered it up with plenty of Ketchup.

1  Thank CNG700

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a fun happening place. The décor and atmosphere are elegant casual. The menu choice is everything from soup, hamburgers, pizza, to steak, and fish. You can spend a lot or more moderately as you wish. Very fresh food, presented in a wonderful way on the plate so you can eat with your eyes before you eat with your fork. The service is terrific and even when very busy, you are never rushed. If you are a coffee lover, the roast is rich, dark, delicious and deeply satisfying.

1  Thank Ravenblack_13
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Summerlicious crowd seemed to have overwhelmed the kitchen on this day. Numerous service dissapointments at our table and nearby guest table. I must say my entree was good, lamb burger, and would return to have it again. Unfortunately, my partners meal was served with cold centre and needed to go back, which took several minutes, while my burger sat in front of me. The other big disappointment was creme caramel, no way, more like light cheesecake. We both ordered the same, 2nd was double docker with no caramel in sight. $$$ very disappointing dinner, and noisy. Ask for quiet pot if you go!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just had my first Summerlicious lunch at O&B today/July 5, 2013 and we could not find fault.
We arrived before our reserved time, were seated in the back room (we had asked for a 'quiet' location) and it was perfect. Water glasses were refilled constantly. The server was most pleasant and we did not have to wait long until our order was taken. Plates arrived and looked very inviting, and tasted wonderful. Staff came around regularly to ask if everything was OK.
It was very busy but we were never rushed to vacate our table.
My companion and I were most impressed and both admitted we wouldn't hesitate to go back, next time for dinner.

1  Thank yyzcanadagal
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best mushroom soup ive ever had. Made without cream it remains rich and flavouful. Salads; steaks and more, all good. Excellent servicr, only downfall is the noise