“The perfect crunch to your Fish & Chips”

Olde Yorke Fish & Chips
Ranked #28 of 8,816 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East York
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

I ordered TOGO and the food was wonderful! I upgraded my chips to poutine for a reasonable price and the portions were bigger than I expected. The Cod, fish, had the perfect crunch and the inside was flaky and moist. The chowder was creamy! I wish they put a layer of paper in between the freshly fried cod and styrofoam TOGO box so the Cod doesn't stick to the foam walls! Will be back with friends!

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (352)

Reviewed April 27, 2016

The atmosphere is really good you feel home, the fish is not oily at all which is really good but the chips is not that much good, and I myself prefer much more taste I mean more flavor with serve. I highly suggest this place.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

The restaurant is a staple in this neighbourhood and we were happy to try it. My friend ordered the scallops and I had the halibut. They both came with fries and coleslaw. Everything was hot, the fish was crispy, the fries tasty and the coleslaw delicious. Very much enjoyed our lunch and would go again.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

This place is pretty good for a city like Toronto which isn't a coastal area so fish would need to be flown or shipped in. It strives to be an english pub/chip shop but it really doesn't have the pub atmosphere so mainly it is a chip shop.The servers aren't particularly personable or charming so it doesn't really have that pub atmosphere. I usually find we enjoy ordering take-away instead of eating in as there are a lot of neighbourhood elderly people and it is often crowded and loud and not particularly enjoyable to eat there. I think the fish is decent but a bit overpriced for what it is. Having said that I am spoiled by having been used to east coast fish and also some of the best fish places in england.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

Been here several times. The fish is always fresh and perfectly cooked. Chips are great. Always lively. If you love fish and chips, go here.

Date of visit: February 2016