“the absolute best”

Neighborhood: East York
London, Canada
“the absolute best”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

it's been about a year since we last visited. 5 of us went in (family and friend) for lunch. we went in early, and were seated immediately. 4 tetley's cream ale ordered as accompaniment to the meal - it's great t be able to get the english beers on tap - a good selection.
3 ordered the halibut and chips. you can get haddock or cod as well - and they are all very good - but the halibut is reasonably priced - and is our favourite. linda ordered the healthy alternative - the halibut broiled, and salad - and it was cooked perfectly. done, but not dried out at all. nicely seasoned and tasted great. i ordered the regular halibut with salad. even the salads are excellent - fresh, crisp, and nicely presented.
the fish was - as always - lightly battered, very crisp, and not greasy at all when cut into.
as stated before in previous review - they have spoiled us for any other fish and chips. nowhere else comes anywhere close to the taste and quality of this restaurant. and as always, if you're not there early, you will have to wait in line (and it will be worth it).

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank extoronto

• Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
“Best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great place. The fish and chips are the best, the batter is light and cripsy (not soggy like many other places) haven't been to another fish and chips since this discovery. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Varies...
“Best fish and chips in Toronto”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It can be very busy, parking can be difficult, and its a bit out of the way. That being said, its well worth the trip.

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“LOVE! Best Fish & Chips in the City!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I love this place! I never ate fish and chips before I came to Olde Yorke! The fish (my fav is halibut) and batter are ALWAYS fresh, never had a bad meal. The batter is light and tastes amazing! Also BEST coleslaw! A MUST for fish & chips!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank rluv11
“Like back home..........”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My son introduced me to Old Yorke Fish & Chips recently after visiting Riverdale Farm with my son daughter in law and Grand Children my son suggested we go to a Fish & Chip place he had found on Leaside
Despite being fairly early 5.30pm there was already a queue outside ( a good sign )
Finally got a table service was quick as busy as it was we ordered the onion rings as starters , bread & butter Haddock & Chips WOW awesome Chips were cripy just done to perfection the Haddock of my choice was crispy batter white as snow fish wonderful
On another visit I had the Steak Pie which to was delicious now I have on return visits have to decide between the both!
I understand the owners are from Manchester where they had a Fish & Chip business all I can say is Britains loss Toronto's gain

Great Plaice!!