“Average food but fun to remember the old days….”

Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #95 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: A meal at The Old Spaghetti Factory is an experience. We invest meticulous attention to our decor so our guests feel as though they're stepping into another world. Every location is adorned with antique lighting, intricate stained glass displays and an old-fashioned trolley car that doubles as a dining hall. Nearly every item on The Old Spaghetti Factory's menu is made on-site, from scratch, using fresh ingredients. Unlike most restaurants, when you order our entrees, we serve you a complete meal, which includes bread, soup or salad, and dessert. And with our famous kid's menu, special treats and fun activities, we encourage families to feel at home in our restaurants. The Old Spaghetti Factory is still family owned and operated and we welcome your family to join ours for a memorable dining experience.
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Average food but fun to remember the old days….”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This isn't the place to go for great Italian food but the decor is fun and the atmosphere is lively. A good choice for families with young kids.

• Visited December 2013
Spaghetti_Factory_TO, Guest Relations Manager at Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your experience.

• Hebrew first
TORONTO
“GET READY FOR COMPLETE FUN”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have not visited OSF, for years, however now with Grandkids, we have popped in again. Same as we remember from years ago. Colourful, antiques everywhere, the old 1980's lamps, the merry go round, and the very popular street car. A tip of the hat to the servers, they are astounding, they appear to be trained with an eye to look out for little kids everywhere.

The menu is ideal for this place, our food orders have been prompt, and courteous. The sourdough bread is a treat. The food was cleaned off every plate at our table, including the two little granddaughters plates. The atmosphere is pure fun, loud , boisterous , with fun music in the background. This is a perfect place to bring little kids, and bring forth fun in adults.

KB

2 Thank KLBToronto
FUN is always a good way to describe a dining experience and we're certainly glad that you had it while visiting us. Come back again soon.
Hamilton, Canada
“Nostalgia is a powerful thing”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The main reason we come to this restaurant is the nostalgia. Both my partner and I went as children, and I love the decor: it brings back happy memories. It's a fun place for kids. The food and service are definitely going downhill though, and it feels like it's going from a quirky but decent place to a tourist trap focused on getting you in and out as soon as possible.

We visited last night, arriving at around 9 pm. We had tried to make a reservation, but were told there was nothing left and we'd have to show up and take our chances. We did that, and had no problem getting a table right away: there were quite a few available, so not sure why getting a reservation was an issue.

Our server introduced herself, brought us bread, and took our drink orders quickly. She was polite, but not friendly: she really seemed to just be rushing through the motions. Each meal (pretty much all pasta dishes, as you'd expect) all come with a choice of soup or salad to start. I ordered the garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette. It was extremely boring: a small plate of iceberg lettuce was served with dressing straight out of the bottle in a big lump in the middle. My partner ordered a Ceasar (the upgrade was $1.99) and received a slightly larger salad, but it was pretty bland. Two bites into our salads, our main courses arrived, and the person who delivered them actually pushed my partner's salad out of the way to put his entree down.

For my main course, I had the Manager's Favourite, which was a choice of any two of their sauces on a bed of pasta. I had the spicy meat sauce, along with the cheese, which was a good combination. Overall, the dish was good, although the spicy sauce is not even slightly spicy. The portion was pretty small.

My partner had the chicken Parmesan, one of his favourite dishes. The chicken was moist but pretty bland, and one end was a bit charred. The cheese was tasty and the spaghetti with plain red sauce was fine, if uninspired.

All meals come with coffee and ice cream to finish. I opted out, asking for a cappuccino instead. The waitress mentioned there would be an extra charge. I was surprised, because it said you could do the exchange on the menu, but I agreed. When the bill came, we had been charged $2.99, the full price of the cappuccino. It was a good cappuccino, but I'm not sure why we were charged a supplemental price of $2.99.

We're not going to rush back to the Old Spaghetti Factory. If I need a hit of nostalgia, I'll go again, but if I'm looking for good Italian food, I'll definitely go elsewhere.

Our server

• Visited December 2013
Remembering yesterday while meeting the needs of changing guest tastes is something we always strive to achieve. Thanks for the feedback.
Sde Boker, Israel
“For a fun dining experience”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Old Spaghetti Factory is unique. One of its charms is the memory of going there as a child, and later, going there with my own children on a visit to Toronto. There are many things to discover within the restaurant, which makes it much more than just another restaurant. You have to be ready for a loud clamour, though, when the place is busy - which is most of the time. The service was a little slow, probably because the waitress was trying to serve too many tables at the same time. The food was good - not exceptional. And the price was very reasonable. Recommended for at least a one-time visit.

• Visited December 2013
Thank for the feedback and for taking the time to share with other your recent dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
ottawa
“Big 'Pass' on the restaurant”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We went there before a concert. It was a sunday night and was very busy, but we had reservations. We arrived on time, and waited no more than 10mins for a table. The waitress was pleasant, and quickly took our order. The meal comes with salad (which is really just cut lettuce on a plate with dressing-nothing else) we were disappointed that they refer to plain lettuce as 'salad' . Then we waited for our bread, and I had alread asked the server who brought the salad for the bread. Nothing. WE then asked the waitress who then said, ask the server..okay...we now have a feel for this place and want to leave. The bread didnt arrive, but then the food arrived, very average pasta at best. My spaghetti was actually watery (which i hate) again we asked for bread and cheese, as there is no parmigana cheese on the table. Eventually the waitress (after our 2nd request) brought it. Desert is included and is okay if you are a 4 year child. Honestly...they call a 'mere spoonful of ice cream' to be desert. We left and asked them at the desk to call a cab for us. They declined and told us to go flag one down.

And its becuase of that last send off that I am writing this review. I would never returnn to this establishment and I am sure that a city as large as Toronto there many many better options than this place.